Contribute
Register

GTX 970 - Black Screen after Nvidia 346.01.02f01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been testing this mod with the iMac 15,1 and MacPro6,1 for about two weeks now.

I've been getting a strange issue where roughly 1 in 10 boots give me a black screen after booting, there is a signal coming from the computer because the displays don't turn off. I VNC'd my machine to check it had booted and everything was running fine.

My only solution for now is to just blindly enter my login password, then "ctrl + esc" then enter to shut down. Next boot it always works.

Anyone had this issue? I'm going back to iMac 14,2 if i can't find a solution. cheers

thanx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 5.51.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 5.51.22 PM.png
    289.8 KB · Views: 347
would anyone be soo kind to send me their config file? as ive tried absolutely everything to get my gtx970 to work but i still get black screen.
tried the 6,1 fix
tried changing to 14,1 14,2 15,1 with dart=1 and nvda_drv=1 flags
but nothing seems to be working. currently on 10.11.4

will be hugely appreciated as i sold my r9 290 and bought the gtx 970 just cos of hackintosh

achoucair did you get this working as i am stuck in the same position as you?

on 10.11.4 nothing seems to work have tried using 15.1, 14.2 no luck and have set the configs to none in the applegraphicspolicy kext.

just hit with the no signal screen if I boot with nvidia injected Any ideas anyone?

THanks

on 10.11.4 nothing seems to work have tried using 15.1, 14.2 no luck and have set the configs to none in the applegraphicspolicy kext.

just hit with the no signal screen if I boot with nvidia injected Any ideas anyone?

THanks

Nvidia should not be injected if using a GTX 970

Hi Slim,

I meant nvda_drv=1 not nvidia inject my bad.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the web drivers.

What boots args should i be using at the moment I have dart=0 and nvda_drv=1 but hit the no signal black screen after apple logo. can only boot with nv_disable=1 or no nvda_drv=1 but then I'm not using the nvidia drivers.

With no nvda=drv=1 i get the web drivers in the toolbar at the top but they always default to OSX Drivers if i click to change to webdrivers and restart like it asks they will be the default OSX again.

Everything was working before i upgraded to 10.11.4 and downloaded the latest drivers.

I'm thinking I might have a dodgy AppleGraphicsControl.kext? any idea how to get a fresh one? I'm kind of out of ideas would be great if you have any I'm at a bit of a loss now.

Thanks
Snake

got the solution to keep MacPro6,1 def

Originally Posted by rankrotten

Edit the AppleGraphicsControl.kext and burrow down to /Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

> IOKitPersonalities
> AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
> ConfigMap
F60DEB81FF30ACF6 change from Config 2 to none.

Save changes and reinstall kext. Reboot.

Now I have my system fully working again, with Nvidia graphics + MacPro 6,1 sys def.

BRUH! I love you, this worked like a charm for me on 14,2.
Edited a copy of the file, used Kext Wizard app to replace it and all is good.

Quick question tho, will i need to re-fix th kext on next updates or it stays fixed?

THanks
I had a similar issue except my screen would go black and reboot instantly.
You may want to add cpus=1 in boot arguments in your Clover config.plist.
This is what I use to access both 10.10 and 10.11 with my GTX 960:
SMBIOS: iMac14,2
Boot arguments: dart=0 nv_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 cpus=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back