Motherboard
Gigabyte H110M-S2H
CPU
Intel i5-6400
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just reinstalled 10.12.4, installed the Nvidia Web Drivers and in Multibeast I checked the 'NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag'.

On reboot, the only option for resolution I have is 800x600, and parts of applications are rendering slowly. For example, in Clover Configurator, it takes a couple of seconds and flashes lots of lines on the screen to render the Themes tab.

If I go to 'About My Mac', under 'Graphics' it says 'NVIDIA Chip Model 1 MB'.

In the NVIDIA Driver Manager, Web Driver is selected. This is always the case every time I boot.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the web driver but it is exactly the same.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance :)

Graphics installation procedure :

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Update Clover
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist

Hi, thanks for your reply :)

I followed your instructions, including the step to emulate NVRAM, but I'm still having the same problem.

The only thing I didn't do was disable integrated graphics in my BIOS. It's currently set to auto, so when I removed my graphics card it switched back to integrated graphics. When I try to boot with the graphics card in, I can't load the bios at all; I just get the big cursor from the BIOS and a black screen, so I didn't want to completely disable integrated graphics in case I end up unable to access the BIOS at all.

Ah, it won't let me boot without the nv_disable=1 flag. If I remove that, it just starts to boot and then I get 'No Signal' on my display.

I think I had that enabled before, so I guess that explains my problems - I was disabling the graphics card, so no wonder it wasn't working properly!
I apologise for how stupid that was.

So my problem now is that I can't boot without nv_disable=1 - It just gets about halfway through the loading bar on the apple splash screen and then I lose the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back