Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
Core i5-4460
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
After a clean install of Sierra on a new SSD I couldn't get past the apple screen with my GPU physically installed. Until I used the bootflags nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1. This got me past the apple load screen and I'm able to use the computer, however, the graphics are all broken. The graphics are loading extremely slow, it seems like the hackintosh isn't recognizing my GeForce GTX 960 SC. Is it because I am using VGA as my display connection? The two monitors I have only have VGA and RGB inputs.

Here are my build details:

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
Core i5-4460
Crucial Ballistix Tactical (16GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SC
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
TP Link Wireless PCI Express adapter
Corsair CS 550 Watt
Corsair Carbide 300R

I appreciate your help!

VGA could be causing an issue but you didn't mention if you installed the Web Drivers or not.

I have installed the web drivers. I downloaded the drivers specific for my model.

Attach Clover folder from EFI removing Themes ZIP attach.
Do mean mount the EFI using EFI Mounter v3 and remove the "Theme" zip folder? Sorry I am new to all of this and don't understand all the terminology.

The drivers are not specific to a model GPU.
I meant specific for my hack model (16C68). I was following these directions and experiencing problem #2: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/.

Do you guys think it would be best to revert to El Capitan so my GPU can work again? Just until we can figure out how to fix this?

Thanks!

Do mean mount the EFI using EFI Mounter v3 and remove the "Theme" zip folder? Sorry I am new to all of this and don't understand all the terminology.

I meant specific for my hack model (16C68). I was following these directions and experiencing problem #2: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/.

Do you guys think it would be best to revert to El Capitan so my GPU can work again? Just until we can figure out how to fix this?

Thanks!

No. Mount the EFI Partition copy Clover folder to the desktop remove themes compress attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back