GeForce 9400
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks,
I'm having a hard time with my graphics card upgrade.
System is:
GB H61M D2B3 rev 1 bios v10
i7 2600k

I had a Geforce 9400 GT which I swapped out for a Gigabyte GTX 950 2GB and it worked out with El Capitan.

But I have another drive with 10.8.5 that I want to use as well. So far it won't boot to OSX at all. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v
which returns what is shown in the first image; as well as with GraphicsEnabler=No -v (shown in the second image).

I haven't installed the Nvidia Web Drivers which I suppose I could because I still have the old card. But from what I see it seems to misfire about FakeSMC. Any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 113
I managed to make the built in graphics work by selecting onboard vga to always on and first device to onboard vga, then booting with IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1.
But now the system only boots with 1024x768 (on VGA). Haven't tried the DVI port, I will tomorrow. Suggestions on how to make it 1080p? I don't really need the GTX card for that system, so the onboard gpu will be fine.

I managed to make the built in graphics work by selecting onboard vga to always on and first device to onboard vga, then booting with IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1.
But now the system only boots with 1024x768 (on VGA). Haven't tried the DVI port, I will tomorrow. Suggestions on how to make it 1080p? I don't really need the GTX card for that system, so the onboard gpu will be fine.

Your problem is that the GTX950 is totally unsupported by OS X. You need the nVidia drivers:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...lemental-update-313-01-03f02-313-01-04-a.html

I get this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 131
I belive the GTx950 is not compatible with 10.8.5 systems. This board is new, besides use a older GPU 900 series chip. has a some users in this forum using it in 10.10.5 or el cap

I thought so. Any chance I get the Intel HD 3000 working in 1080p?

I get this.

I do not read very well upside down, but from what I can tell has nothing to do with GPU.

Did you install the nVidia drivers?

I did yes, also booted with nvda_drv=1.

How? I tried a kext and it didn't work. Seems like the only way i can boot the system is with IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back