Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm just wondering if this Graphics card would be compatible and also do you think it would support the use of openGL?

I'm just wondering if this Graphics card would be compatible and also do you think it would support the use of openGL?

If you have read the disclaimer in the buyers guide, then I would have thought that would be enough to put you off buying this card if using for Open GL.
Due to a chip change GTX780 cards and above are all in the same position. At present they are not supported by either existing Apple software or Nvidia drivers.
You can follow more on this subject by reading the comments on this thread by SquishyTia and ATB:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/...uyers-guide-november-2013-a-8.html#post715695

Adrian B

I've seen this, but it seems to be making a point regarding OpenCL, not OpenGL - now I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff, but as far as I'm aware, these are two different things.

The reason that I ask, is because when I build my Hackintosh, primarily it will be for video editing/motion graphics etc. and I really want to go for power. One of the plugins that I really want to use within After Effects relies on OpenGL for it's functionality - (Element 3D by VideoCopilot) - and If I was spending all of that money for such a big build, I wouldn't want to get a really really good hackintosh that doesn't do one of the major things I need it to do.

If you see what I mean?

If you have read the disclaimer in the buyers guide, then I would have thought that would be enough to put you off buying this card if using for Open GL.
Due to a chip change GTX780 cards and above are all in the same position. At present they are not supported by either existing Apple software or Nvidia drivers.
You can follow more on this subject by reading the comments on this thread by SquishyTia and ATB:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/...uyers-guide-november-2013-a-8.html#post715695

Adrian B
Is it possible to disable the 780 Ti and only use integrated Intel graphics? Because I'd like to dual boot and use 780 Ti in Windows for gaming.

Is it possible to disable the 780 Ti and only use integrated Intel graphics? Because I'd like to dual boot and use 780 Ti in Windows for gaming.

If you set up the UEFI/Bios to use onboard first, the only thing is you would need to remember to change your monitor cable between GPU/motherboard ports.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back