Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
H, Ive been running my hack for a while with a GTX 780TI and GTX 710 on high sierra with a 8600k OC to 4.5 currently, use the 780ti for gaming on one monitor and the 710 on other for side stuff while i'm gaming, withc has been working pretty good with games in osx, card ramps up and clocks like it should and i have had no games crashes but chrome was running like garbage so i tried installing the nvidia drivers and chrome is now running like a dream but when i launch a game like Minecraft or tomb raider the card doesn't ramp up now just stays at idle clock speed but the games run just fine but with crappy performance. i have the latest driver form nvidia's web site installed. the only way to get the card to clock up is to restart with the web driver disabled but then apps like chrome (mainly chrome) run very poorly in the gui area, anyone els have a similer issue or is my 2 card setup maybe the cause? thanks.

Try the 780ti and your IGPU. Your IGPU probably benches higher (18000 vs 2-3000 Geekbench) than your 710 card. Chrome has been buggy in OSX for AMD cards as well so folks are enabling IGPU to get it to work correctly.

Using 2 graphics cards will also drop your PCIE lanes down to 8 instead of 16 for one card. The 780ti May run better on native drivers than the web drivers.

iGPU is n/a for me, no hdmi signal unless i go to an older imac identifier with gives me cpu problem, i have it working with airplay fully supported thos, just no signal output, so technically i have all three gpus working 780ti, 710, and intel 630

iGPU is n/a for me, no hdmi signal unless i go to an older imac identifier with gives me cpu problem, i have it working with airplay fully supported thos, just no signal output, so technically i have all three gpus working 780ti, 710, and intel 630

Have you tried MacMini 8.1 8700U?

No i haven't, i went with imac 18,3 . read that it worked best with the 8th gen cpus. is MacMini 8,1 also a 8th gen identifier

So i finally got around to messing with my build and i switched it to MacMini8,1 and changed my initial display in Bois to the intel graphics and took out my 710 gpu and now my 780ti clocks up like it should and the intel graphics are fully working but i decided to just go with the 780ti and disable my intel graphics due to some games rendering off the intel gpu while being displayed on the 780ti and i also lost a few HWMoniter readings on the gpu such as, gpu memory clock, and fan rpm on the card but with intel graphics disabled everything on the card reads like it should

But when it comes to the 780ti with just the 710 with no intel graphics, the 780ti with the 710 won't clock up with Nvidia web drivers enabled but if i take out the 710 and just run the 780ti it works like it should. So maybe since the 710 doesn't clock up being it is basically a display adapter maybe it causes the Nvidia driver to disable it on all cards in the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back