Contribute
Register

GTX 780 Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, and I heard this from another source, it is true, Apple creates drivers for nvidia products. Our only hope is a new iMac that uses a GK110b chip, like the high-end iMac that currently has an option for 780M.

Strange because on another forum, a user received the following reply from Nvidia about a week ago.

Thank you for reporting this OpenCL stability issue. While these are PC cards and not officially supported on a Mac, we realize that there are people such as yourself using this configuration. Your feedback has been passed on to our Mac engineering team and we expect to release a driver in the future that may resolve some of these issues. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to provide a specific date at this time. I suggest giving it at least a few weeks and then you can check our driver download website for updates.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this process

So....I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Historically NVIDIA has posted Web drivers on their site here:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/68439/en-us

This is the latest is for 10.8.5. My thoughts are that they are waiting for 10.9.2 to be released in order to make a longer term driver available.

From the don himself :mrgreen:

I sure hope so, It would make sense.

You can configure iMacs to have GTX 780M's, I'm not sure if they use GK110 but if they do then maybe they would get upgraded to GK110B's - then Apple would have to provide support, but as its a laptop graphics chip im just guessing here.

We just got in the Nvidia GTX 780 in today and it worked on the first boot using GraphicsEnabler=No and the kernel flag set to nvda_drv=1. We are on a fresh system with 10.8.3 running the latest driver from Nvidia 313.01.01f03. We haven't tested it yet with the default 10.8.3 driver in osx but we were doubting that it would work anyway.

Luxmark crashes so that doesn't work yet. Chess runs. Here is a couple other benchmarks to look at.

k4u45fh.png

vfL1z0S.png

mImUj2K.png

mLPCchB.png

Z0LFub1.png

Hey, i just bought a GTX 780. I'm currently running 10.9.2. :)
I just boot once with GraphicsEnabler=No and the kernel flag set to nvda_drv=1.
Now when i open about my mac, it is regonized as a gtx780.

My question is do i need to install the drivers?
I just use my hackintosh mostly for internet and a bit of photoshop.

Thanks in advance, :)

Please help me my GTX 780 No working!
I tried any trick :(

Attachments

• asd.png
    asd.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 368
Hi there,

Wondering if the whole GTX 780 working or not question was ever resolved? Does the chipset revision still mess everything up (GK110b or some such) ? Do nVidia's drivers allow the 780 to work under Mountain Lion? Is all good under Mavericks?

A nice clear answer as to if the 780 cards are working, and if so, what is required to get them to work on ML and Mavericks would be MUCH appreciated!

Apologies is this has already been answered but I have not been able to find a clear/up to date response.

palit gtx 780 super jetstream works on yosemite OOTB too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back