Contribute
Register

GTX 780 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am building a new system based on the GA Z79X-UD5H motherboard and a GA GTX 780ti and cannot for the life of me get it workign properly. I installed Mavericks 10.9.3, ran multibeast (easy beast + ALC1150), loaded nvida drivers 334.0.1.01f01 - but can only boot into safe mode with stuttery graphics. I also cannot open the Nvidia Driver Manager panel in system preferences or install the CUDA drivers.

If anyone could offer any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. this is getting quite frustrating!

I suspect screen sharing is using your onboard graphics which is why you can see it. Are you sure you properly installed the correct driver? Nvidia released a final version for 10.9.2 which I can confirm works with my EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked. Link is here:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/73628/

@reconalpha,

Could you please confirm that yours is EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclocked (03G-P4-2883-KR) ?
If yes, please share the installation method you used for the same..

I am using 10.9.4 right now, but still not able to get the graphics card working; I have to use Motherboard graphics for OS X.

Now the card works for me fine too.
The hint with a VCN client was the key. Also the nvidia driver change the kernel flag settings to "nvda_drv=1". And I booted always with "nv_disable=1" :banghead:

Thank you dDub!:D

I've just built a system around the Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK & 780 Ti (along with 4790K).

Thank you for the nvda_drv=1 boot flag this enabled me to actually boot in (after installing the web drivers and cuda drivers from NVIDIA).

My question is - instead of having to type this in everytime, how would one go about inserting into Chimaera?

I haven't quite worked out how to boot without the USB stick either...

Many thanks!

I've just built a system around the Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK & 780 Ti (along with 4790K).

Thank you for the nvda_drv=1 boot flag this enabled me to actually boot in (after installing the web drivers and cuda drivers from NVIDIA).

My question is - instead of having to type this in everytime, how would one go about inserting into Chimaera?

I haven't quite worked out how to boot without the USB stick either...

Many thanks!

No worries got it figured out!

Hey buddy! How is your GTX 780 Ti ACX SC? I have the same card and so far it's working flawlessly with 10.9.2. I am planning to upgrade the system to 10.9.4 but little bit worried about this card issue. I know it would be great if we are manage to use it with the latest updates, apple recently released the 10.9.5 and I believe it's an high time to do the updates since still we are not sure whether this card will works in Yoshimites.

Hey Guys,

I just built my first hackintosh. I am on Maverick 10.9.5 and I am having trouble making the EVGA 780ti work in my system. I installed the last Nvidia Web drivers and put the nvda_drv=1 in the org.chameleon.boot.
When I try to boot i see the grey apple then the screen goes black.
I can boot with the nv_disable=1 but then my resolution is 1024x720.

I'll appreciate any support.

Hey Guys,

I just built my first hackintosh. I am on Maverick 10.9.5 and I am having trouble making the EVGA 780ti work in my system. I installed the last Nvidia Web drivers and put the nvda_drv=1 in the org.chameleon.boot.
When I try to boot i see the grey apple then the screen goes black.
I can boot with the nv_disable=1 but then my resolution is 1024x720.

I'll appreciate any support.

Nevermind, I found a solution. The DVI output is not recognized by the web drivers, the HDMI output works fine.

Hi all,

Quick question regarding the 780ti as I'm unable to find a definitive guide anywhere.

Looking to upgrade from my 660ti to a 780ti (as the 970/980 seem far away from being fully supported) and wondering if all versions of the card are fully working (supporting cuda, openGL, openCL, all ports working, etc.) ?

I'm running Mountain Lion currently (and would like to keep it that way for the while) but can upgrade to Mavericks or Yosemite if needed. Just can not find any answers in terms of which cards are working!

Any links to a definitive 780ti hackintosh guide or answers appreciated!

(PS: I need both DVI and DP working as I use 2x27'' monitors)

I would also like answers to the questions above. I have a choice between a R9 290x and the GTX 780ti.

Are there any drawbacks to this card/known issues that still remain?

Does it work under Clover? Does anyone have an install guide?

Thanks,

Will

After six months of running windows I decided to give the osX install another go and it worked flawlessly with my 780ti and yosemite. nothing special done, just a regular install and then updated my drivers. easy and super fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back