Contribute
Register

GTX 780 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, that obsolete version is the only one that works with 10.9.3 :) I can't believe i got it working, the solution was very simple - booted with just GraphicsEnabler=No, and voila, GTX 780 Ti properly working on 4K resolution. Still, no 60Hz support, i need to dig more whats up with that, 10.9.3 promised MST and scaling options - no word of either.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 2.06.20.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 2.06.20.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 360
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 2.06.00 (2).jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 2.06.00 (2).jpg
    204 KB · Views: 332
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 2.04.51.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 2.04.51.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 238
Actually, that obsolete version is the only one that works with 10.9.3 :) I can't believe i got it working, the solution was very simple - booted with just GraphicsEnabler=No, and voila, GTX 780 Ti properly working on 4K resolution. Still, no 60Hz support, i need to dig more whats up with that, 10.9.3 promised MST and scaling options - no word of either.

Did you get it to work @ 60Hz? Is there a solution to this?

The WebDriver-331.01.01b07 indeed loads and works with the 10.9.3 pre release. I have been using the graphicsenabler=no but the OSX drivers worked for the 780ti but listed it as Nvidia Ashley in the system information. After loading WebDriver-331.01.01b07 it shows as it should as the 780ti in the system information. I never thought of trying the older version of the nvidia webdriver since the current one will not run due to stating it is incompatible. The weird reason I am really glad to find this out is that the 780ti card running with the OSX drivers was causing Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint to crash at startup even in 10.9.2. I had been chasing my tail trying to figure out the cause. The issue went away in both releases as soon as loaded the web driver. Now in 10.9.3 everything is working as before. Thanks for letting us know that the older version loads in 10.9.3.

Okay so I am new to hackintosh so if I am doing something dumb, I apologize but please help me. So recently I got a GTX 780 TI and put it in my build. It has been working great in Windows as it should and would be expected, but I recently decided I would try hackintosh because I really like Mavericks. So I have it booting fine without the 780 TI but I really can't get it to boot with the 780 TI. I have the 331.01.01b07 driver and the 5.5.47 CUDA drivers installed and it still won't boot. I have tried using verbose mode and it hangs right after the Bluetooth enables, which I have found out via the internet is where the graphics start up. I can only boot ins safe mode with the graphics card disabled. Please help, I really want to use Mavericks on my hackintosh.

My Build:
CPU: i7-3770k
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 TI
Mobo: Asus Maximus IV Gene Z
I don't think anything else really matters. If you need something else let me know.

Thanks in advance!

All right, guys, got my hand on a 780 Ti. I'd like to figure out how to get it working, so I appreciate any help. My GTX 780 displayed just fine, but when I switched out with the 780 Ti, I see the boot spinner and then my screens just go into power save mode when I should be seeing the desktop.

I'm using the Clover v2283. My config.plist is pretty clean, I can't get to it to list it exactly but here is the gist:

I use no DSDT, and no DSDT patching in Clover. I just select DropOEMDSDT. No SSDT or anything like that.

Under the graphics section, I've tried use vbios, not using it, injecting Nvidia, not injecting it. I also tried using what I think is an ID from a GTX 780 in the Fake ID attribute (0x100410DE). Nothing worked.

I've tried the fix display DSDT fix and that did nothing either.

Let me know what you guys think.

After installing the Web driver, did you enable it? You'll see the nvidia logo on the toolbar up top, make sure when you click on it, the nvidia driver is selected.

Hi,

I'm about to order parts for my first ever hackintosh build and I'm looking to buy the 780 Ti.
My question is:

Is it possible to use the 780 Ti during the installation of Mavericks 10.9.2?

I will be using the i7 4930k processor so I won't have any integrated graphics as an option if the 780 Ti gives me a black screen.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm about to order parts for my first ever hackintosh build and I'm looking to buy the 780 Ti.
My question is:

Is it possible to use the 780 Ti during the installation of Mavericks 10.9.2?

I will be using the i7 4930k processor so I won't have any integrated graphics as an option if the 780 Ti gives me a black screen.

Thanks in advance!

Try booting with nv_disable=1

Just upgraded from 680 to 780ti.

With the web drivers installed, so far so good.

I expected better performance improvement though.

In DaVinci 10.1.4 for example, there is no fps improvement at all.

Attachments

• System.tiff
    92.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Heaven.tiff
    99.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Luxmark 2.1.tiff
    45.9 KB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back