Contribute
Register

GTX 780 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no update yet, as soon as I hear anything I will post in this thread, I'm keeping alert to any new developments.

okay, so, im gonna go out on a limb here, i have a gt780ti, currently on a silly amd machine, will be getting my intel parts in a few weeks, but my revision is A2, more specificly:

Device ID 10DE-100A
Revision A2

will be testing when i get my intel parts, maybe, just maybe the gods will show me some love.

will post an update on how it turns out.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/123974-nvidia-web-drivers-10-9-x-mavericks-found.html

1. Install the driver from the first post.
2. Reboot and boot in to OS X using flag: nv_disable=1
3. Once logged in to OS X, At the top you should see the Nvidia logo (if you installed the web driver pkg) - Click once then choose: Nvidia web driver.
4. Reboot
5. Enjoy your 780 Ti with OpenCL support finally!

Note: Not sure about cuda yet but it's nice to actually be able to boot from the 780 Ti without using nv_disable=1... Using the OS like Safari looks normal and fast.

Edit: Since I'm finally able to use my 780 Ti I can now use my ASUS VG248QE monitor and Mavericks looks gorgeous running in 144hz refresh rate

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/123974-nvidia-web-drivers-10-9-x-mavericks-found.html

1. Install the driver from the first post.
2. Reboot and boot in to OS X using flag: nv_disable=1
3. Once logged in to OS X, At the top you should see the Nvidia logo (if you installed the web driver pkg) - Click once then choose: Nvidia web driver.
4. Reboot
5. Enjoy your 780 Ti with OpenCL support finally!

Note: Not sure about cuda yet but it's nice to actually be able to boot from the 780 Ti without using nv_disable=1... Using the OS like Safari looks normal and fast.

Edit: Since I'm finally able to use my 780 Ti I can now use my ASUS VG248QE monitor and Mavericks looks gorgeous running in 144hz refresh rate

Worked for me! Thanks for posting this.

So 780ti fully working now??

You want to wait for 10.9.2 to GM, then, final non beta version of retail 331 driver to come out to see for sure. I wouldn't rush just yet and end up having web driver be changed before it comes out, and old beta not running on 10.9.2 (because at present the beta doesn't run on latest two seeds, at all)

Updated to 10.9.2 using the System Update. The Nvidia Web driver in earlier posts on this thread is not compatible, however, this one is: http://us.download.nvidia.com/W68s843JXDZ1FhKmnrfhz8rPdfv7rKfM/WebDriver-331.01.01b15.pkg

After reboot, my monitors weren't turning on, so I rebooted without using any kernel flags (I might have tried nv_disabled=1). Once I got to the desktop, I installed the newest Nvidia Web driver I listed above. I also reenabled Trim.

Everything looks good and is running smooth now!

Just an FYI: The stock Nvidia drivers that come with 10.9.2 don't appear to work well, but were enough to get me to the desktop and install the Web drivers. With the stock drivers, only one monitor worked (not my displayport monitor), and the graphics seemed to stuttuer.

For me, the nvidia drivers built in to OS X did not work, I had to use nv_disable=1 and with the beta drivers you linked to I'm getting random boots with kernel panics, I'd advise anyone with a working 780 Ti that uses 10.9.1 to stay there unless you absolutely have to upgrade. Stay until Nvidia fixes their drivers properly.

don't be so sure it's on nvidia's end. 10.9.2 changed IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext and it's affecting more users than you know. What motherboard do you have? cause I'm seeing a common theme with GPU issues in 10.9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back