Contribute
Register

GTX 780 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this card have OpenCL issues like some GTX780 cards?

It's hard to say since right now it has the issue of not even having a working framebuffer.

Is it possible I'm doing something wrong when doing Fake ID: 0x100410DE in clover? I can't imagine that the frame buffer driver for the 780 wouldn't work with the 780 Ti...

Does the Titan work with Mavericks?

Well you're not booting with Chimera so, it's a little difficult to tell if the card will work or not. Did you try Chimera instead?

Yes the Titan works. It's been posted on the forum.

Well you're not booting with Chimera so, it's a little difficult to tell if the card will work or not. Did you try Chimera instead?

Yes the Titan works. It's been posted on the forum.

I've tried Chameleon and Clover only. I saw they had the titan working once 10.8.4 came out. Sounded like the Nvidia driver needed to be updated.

I can make a usb stick with Chimera if you think that has a chance of fixing it.

Reading about Chimera I see:

• Improved NVIDIA Graphics Support
    • All known Device IDs
    • From valv r709 and other sources

Most likely the 780 Ti isn't added yet. The Device id for that is 100A (10DE for the vendor).

Tony, is it possible to get that added to chimera? I'll give it a shot.

Also, the reason I'm using clover is because my new motherboard is uEFI, so I can't boot chameleon unless it's off a USB stick.

Most likely the 780 Ti isn't added yet. The Device id for that is 100A (10DE for the vendor).

Tony, is it possible to get that added to chimera? I'll give it a shot.

Also, the reason I'm using clover is because my new motherboard is uEFI, so I can't boot chameleon unless it's off a USB stick.

Unless I'm wrong, there aren't any device IDs included in the modern NVIDIA drivers- the devices don't have to be specifically added to any match list. And you won't need any GraphicsEnabler injection with 6xx/7xx Fermi cards anyhow. See here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...7xx-kepler-cards-work-graphicsenabler-no.html

I'd recommend a fresh installation- or unplug all drives and try to boot the UniBeast USB. It's formatted MBR, so you can test reaching the installer- you can even get system profiler information from the installer. Did you ever try booting from your integrated graphics as priority 1?

Lastly, I just put out a guide earlier this week about installing Chimera to the EFI partition. This works for ASUS 8-series motherboard issue with GPT partition method.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Unless I'm wrong, there aren't any device IDs included in the modern NVIDIA drivers- the devices don't have to be specifically added to any match list. And you won't need any GraphicsEnabler injection with 6xx/7xx Fermi cards anyhow. See here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...7xx-kepler-cards-work-graphicsenabler-no.html

I'd recommend a fresh installation- or unplug all drives and try to boot the UniBeast USB. It's formatted MBR, so you can test reaching the installer- you can even get system profiler information from the installer. Did you ever try booting from your integrated graphics as priority 1?

Lastly, I just put out a guide earlier this week about installing Chimera to the EFI partition. This works for ASUS 8-series motherboard issue with GPT partition method.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Thanks for the reply.

I know with the Nvidia windows drivers, anything earlier than the absolute latest doesn't display right with the 780 Ti--it has some changes to it. I know the Titan didn't work until 10.8.4, so most likely the Ti won't work until the driver is updated.

I'll try setting the integrated graphics priority to 1.

That's really good news about Chimera working off the EFI partition! Once I get everything working, I'll give that a shot.

I wouldn't think so since it doesn't work in Mavericks. it's a brand new card that needs newer drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back