Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
All right, guys, got my hand on a 780 Ti. I'd like to figure out how to get it working, so I appreciate any help. My GTX 780 displayed just fine, but when I switched out with the 780 Ti, I see the boot spinner and then my screens just go into power save mode when I should be seeing the desktop.

I'm using the Clover v2283. My config.plist is pretty clean, I can't get to it to list it exactly but here is the gist:

I use no DSDT, and no DSDT patching in Clover. I just select DropOEMDSDT. No SSDT or anything like that.

Under the graphics section, I've tried use vbios, not using it, injecting Nvidia, not injecting it. I also tried using what I think is an ID from a GTX 780 in the Fake ID attribute (0x100410DE). Nothing worked.

I've tried the fix display DSDT fix and that did nothing either.

Let me know what you guys think.

Hmm- too bad it's not just popping up- I'm no Clover expert, but I was assuming that what you did for the 780 would work for the 780 Ti.

If convenient, get an IOJones of your system with the 780 running, and then boot using safe mode on the 780 Ti, and do the same. Post those files here, and we can figure out any differences with the GK110.

Hmm- too bad it's not just popping up- I'm no Clover expert, but I was assuming that what you did for the 780 would work for the 780 Ti.

If convenient, get an IOJones of your system with the 780 running, and then boot using safe mode on the 780 Ti, and do the same. Post those files here, and we can figure out any differences with the GK110.

Unfortunately I sent the 780 back. Also, safe mode doesn't even work for me. Frame buffer is a no go.

Sorry to hear that- can you get device information from Ubuntu or Windows? It could be that your device id isn't supported natively, although I'm not sure why that would be.

EDIT: If possible, enable the 4770K HD 4600 graphics as first priority in UEFI, and leave card in. Then get device info.

Sorry to hear that- can you get device information from Ubuntu or Windows? It could be that your device id isn't supported natively, although I'm not sure why that would be.

EDIT: If possible, enable the 4770K HD 4600 graphics as first priority in UEFI, and leave card in. Then get device info.

Yeah, it's not supported natively because it's the 780 Ti and that just came out like a week ago. I was planning to boot with the intel if I needed to get something out. What information could I get that would be helpful? The device ID is going to be a completely different one than the 780, so I don't know if it's worth much, but I could always grab it.

Device ID is 100A. So it should be 0x100A10DE

Is it possible I'm doing something wrong when doing Fake ID: 0x100410DE in clover? I can't imagine that the frame buffer driver for the 780 wouldn't work with the 780 Ti...

Does the Titan work with Mavericks?

...., no money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back