To Those With multiple GTX 780 ti cards running perfectly;

Can you please outline the following combination to easily follow;

OSX Version (i.e. Yosemite 10.10.2 etc) : _________________
CUDA Driver Version: _________________
NVIDIA Driver Version: _________________
BOOT FLAGS (If Required): _________________

Thanks.

Hello!

I'm bumping this thread thats been dead for a year to ask you what my next action should be.

I've been under the assumption that a 780Ti would be acknowledged by 10.9.4 with no need for injecting to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, but looking in this thread it seemes like I with the downloaded webdrivers should inject "boot-arg nvda_drv=1" or the flag "nv_disable=1"
Thankful for any help.
Best regards

Hello!

I'm bumping this thread thats been dead for a year to ask you what my next action should be.

I've been under the assumption that a 780Ti would be acknowledged by 10.9.4 with no need for injecting to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, but looking in this thread it seemes like I with the downloaded webdrivers should inject "boot-arg nvda_drv=1" or the flag "nv_disable=1"
Thankful for any help.
Best regards

Using nvda_drv=1 is not the same as injecting graphics. That boot flag just tell the OS to use the installed Nvidia Web Drivers and not the default OS X drivers. Using nv_disable=1 does just that, it disables the graphics drivers and allows you to boot a non-natively supported card without QE/CI so that you can get to the desktop and install the web drivers. You do not want to always boot with nv_disable=1 as it will make the system very slow and at times unresponsive.

Okey, thank you for clarifying.
So how do I switch the PSI on in BIOS? and that will work a native after I start with action nv_disable=1 and install the webdrivers?

Sorry if this is obvious stuff I'm not comprehending, its my first time dealing with theses stuff.

Best regards.

I am running a MSI GTX780TI under OS X 10.11.2 (clover) here.

Hello, Guys,

Have anyone noticed the following issue ?
I have an EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX on Mavericks 10.9.5 and cannot for the life of me figure out
why the card gets down-clocked at Core 324 MHz/Memory 648 MHz immediately after
loading the desktop and stays so. As you can see from the screenshots,
when opening up "DiskUtility" or "System Information", their windows pop up minimized
with a noticeable delay of at least one second until their windows come "full-screen" :(
This issue has been present on all builds all the way up :(

Without clover device-injection, the card is reported as "GTX 780 Ti" and correct memory size,
the monitor and display resolution are correctly identified as well. Using a DVI-link card-monitor.
I have tried at least 3 nvidia driver versions so far - same situation, even with the latest driver
334.01.03f08 (used currently). I have not been using OS X for an year and a half, but I rememeer
this was the same back then at 2014's end...
What I have done so far :
- hacked NVStartup.kext to allow me to use a driver version intended for a different OS-build,
as is now the case with WebDriver-334.01.03f08 on Build 13F34. Using MacPro 6.1.
- used Clover for injecting device and EDID - with and without injection situation is the same
- hacked AppleGraphicsPowerManagement and added a respective section for the card in FakeSMC,
so on boot I get "kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice100a".
Judging by what Hardware Sensors says I guess this isn't working properly...

Anyone seen this on GTX 780 Ti, on the same or another vendor's card ?
Any hints will be much appreciated !
Cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 1.16.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 1.16.01 PM.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 324
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 1.16.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 1.16.08 PM.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 277
Hi all, I've been trying to get some help. I have the same card in Sierra, does anyone have instructions how to get full boot resolution and drivers to get this thing running smooth in sierra and high sierra? I install the Nvidia drivers and after doing so it doesnt solve my lag and graphics issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back