Contribute
Register

GTX 780 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
No go with chimera. Can't boot the installer either.

I'm in the same boat. I had a running GTX780 Mavericks installation. I took advantage of the Nvidia bundle deal and got a GTX780ti.

I just thought it would be as easy as plug and play, but boy was I wrong.

When I boot, blank screen.

When I boot -v, I get "unkown Kepler chipset" in there.

How do I trick it into moving forward?

My bootloader is Chimera.

Thanks

I'm happy to take screen shots etc if required.

What are the predictions on future 780Ti compatibility?

I've a member here for 2 years, so based on history I'd say it is likely. I'm number 1 on the evga 780Ti step up queue, so I think I'll be offered the upgrade tomorrow. I'd love to do it, but I know it is a risk.

Any news on the GTX 780 TI's compatibility??? subbed

Try to start the installer with nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes or the combination of this two.

(Or maybe even GraphicsEnabler=No for absolutely no support other then the compatibility mode)

Haven't got one yet, just waiting till its compatible then will probably pick one up. Skyrim mods are raping my 770 atm its ****ed up.

The 780TI's are also GK110B. Although not the same as the the openCL problemantic 780s that are also GK110B. They are fully unlocked.

I learned a little bit about the 110B helping getting my GK110B 780 working in Hardware Monitor sensors. https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/issues/142

I'd be curious about some more debug from the 780Ti's though.

Any luck? It's the only card I have. Does Mountain Lion work with it? Or are both Mavericks and Mountain Lion having problems?

I upgraded from EVGA 780 FTW to EVGA 780 Ti SC a few days ago, noticed that it wasn't compatible so I tried both GraphicsEnabler=No and =Yes.. didn't work. So I tried booting Mavericks with nv_disable=1 and it worked, at first it would only show the desktop in 1024 x 768 resolution. In Multibeast I chose 1080p and it now properly displays Mavericks desktop in 1920 x 1080.. however, I haven't tried anything that would call OpenCL.. and certain things like opening Safari and browsing a site looks a little strange.. It reminds me of when I would do a fresh install of windows without installing video drivers and it would somewhat lag when I would scroll down on a webpage.

Obviously nvidia needs to come out with web drivers for 780 Ti for Mavericks, and/or Apple needs to come out with support, seems very strange that nvidia has been relatively silent on the 780 Ti OS x support, this is nvidia's flagship card. But if you absolutely need to be able to see your desktop then boot Mavericks with flag:

nv_disable=1

It's not perfect but it's better than a black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back