Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GTX 780 ti Photoshop / OpenCL Graphic card advice

Guys,

Anybody here that has a 780 ti in his Hack that runs Photoshop (and other apps) in OpenCL? You can test if it works by switching it on under preferences/performance and applying a smart sharpen.

I'm searching for a card that is better compatible than my current GTX970.

UPDATE: If anybody has good experience with a specific card using OpenCL or the Adobe CS suite, please give a shout!

Thanks a bunch.

Aris

I don't have any issues with the current drivers for 10.11.3 and a GTX 970.

Interesting. So it might be a good idea to update to El Capitan after all.

I contacted Adobe and we are doing some tests soon.

Thanks for the reply!

Interesting. So it might be a good idea to update to El Capitan after all.

I contacted Adobe and we are doing some tests soon.

Thanks for the reply!

I did have issues with the drivers for 10.11.2 though. It seems that there are occasionally issues with the drivers and OpenCL.

Slim means 'clever' in Dutch. Can you also help me get my USB 3.0 going on my hack? I have things running so smoothly, but I could really use the USB 3.0.

I tried the GenericUSBXHCI kext but still no result. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

MB: GA-Z68X-UD5-B3
PR: i2600k
GC: GTX 970
Sys: 10.10.5

thanks a bunch!

See this thread for USB3 solutions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Specifically the part where it talks about Specific Recommendations for (7/8/9/X99). You will need to map a map of your USB ports on paper and disable any of the USB2 (HS01-HSxx) using the kernel flag -uia_exclude=. That would be followed by something like "HS01,HS04,HS07". This will reduce your total USB port could to 15 or less. For example I have uia_exclude=HS01,HS02,HS07,HS11,HS12,HS13,HS14. Those are all unused USB 2.0 ports on my board, many of them are internal headers.

To figure out what ports are what, use IORegistryExplorer and plug a USB 2.0 thumb drive into every port and write down which HS port it corresponds to. This is my mapping for my MSI Gaming 9 board:

USB2 Mapping

* HS01 - unused
* HS02 - unused
* HS03 - ASM107x 4 below WIFI
* HS04 - ASM107x 2 beside RJ45
* HS05 - Top Left - Keyboard
* HS06 - Top Right - Mouse
* HS07 - unused
* HS08 - Front Audio
* HS09 - Front Left
* HS10 - Front Right
* HS11 - unused
* HS12 - unused
* HS13 - unused
* HS14 - unused

USB3 Mapping

* SSP1 - unused
* SSP2 - unused
* SSP3 - ASM107x 4 below WIFI
* SSP4 - ASM107x 2 beside RJ45
* SSP5 - Front Left
* SSP6 - Front Right

Thanks a lot! I knew there had to be something like a guide..

Aris

BTW I use 10.10.5 Yosemite. Is there a similar USB guide for it? Or does it apply to Yosemite as well?

Aris

BTW I use 10.10.5 Yosemite. Is there a similar USB guide for it? Or does it apply to Yosemite as well?

Aris

I don't see why this wouldn't work for Yosemite but El Capitan is where the USB 3 issues are because Apple changed the driver a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back