i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
GTX 770???? or 680 or 670???? :crazy:

Just seen these on Newegg, is it worth getting instead of a GTX 680 as they are the same price. and also has anyone used one, do they work well in a hackingtosh?? thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=gtx+770&N=-1&isNodeId=1
MSI_GeForce_GTX_770_TF_BigProductImage.jpg

yea I've read that too, but its been overclocked more and built differently. same chip. but which is best? im planning on overclocking anyway. was thinking about getting a 670 then i saw the 770 $399 which i can afford.

As far as i've read hackintosh support is there for it as of 10.8.3/4 in regards to the card itself i would recommend it i havent used the 680 but had the 770 for a few days now and very very happy with it, very very silent and runs all ive tried on it at max settings without a struggle at all if your picking between it and the 680 which was a beautiful card from what i've read the new 7gig ram speed on the 770 is worth it enough for the upgrade over the 680 you wont be dissapointed.

As far as i've read hackintosh support is there for it as of 10.8.3/4 in regards to the card itself i would recommend it i havent used the 680 but had the 770 for a few days now and very very happy with it, very very silent and runs all ive tried on it at max settings without a struggle at all if your picking between it and the 680 which was a beautiful card from what i've read the new 7gig ram speed on the 770 is worth it enough for the upgrade over the 680 you wont be dissapointed.

cool! yea im probably going for the 770, you get it running on a hack without and hitches? safe bro

Just built my first Hackintosh with Unibeast 1.7 and ML 10.8.4 - the GTX 770 was recognized out of the box! no drivers needed, 10.8.4 has native support for this card! just make sure on Multibeast you leave out the GTX 6xx series part, and only tick 'GraphicsEnabler=no' under the graphics sub-menu - thats it! :)

Final Cut running flawlessly under Mac.

Getting 120+ fps on BF3 (high settings), 60+ on Ultra! (dual boot windows).

Hope this helps!

Best Wishes
V

That is awesome news, crazy FPS

thanks fo the info

TEAM 770 baby!! :D

Just built my first Hackintosh with Unibeast 1.7 and ML 10.8.4 - the GTX 770 was recognized out of the box! no drivers needed, 10.8.4 has native support for this card! just make sure on Multibeast you leave out the GTX 6xx series part, and only tick 'GraphicsEnabler=no' under the graphics sub-menu - thats it! :)

Final Cut running flawlessly under Mac.

Getting 120+ fps on BF3 (high settings), 60+ on Ultra! (dual boot windows).

Hope this helps!

Best Wishes
V
MY GTX 770 came in the post today! have all my parts to build except still waiting to pick up a case, you ever get round to your build log as im pretty sure i have the same mobo, gpu &cpu as you. wpuld be awesme if you could link me. looking forward to 120+ FPS on Battefield 3 lol

CPU - i7 3770K √
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H √
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB √
GPU - GTX 770 2GB √

:p

You got your machine working already?
I'm planning on nearly same build and wondering how it works and how was osx installation (any problems?).
I will also want to try to create a fusion drive on osx - hope it'll work :)

You got your machine working already?
I'm planning on nearly same build and wondering how it works and how was osx installation (any problems?).
I will also want to try to create a fusion drive on osx - hope it'll work :)

No not yet, hopefully soon though. I have most of the parts for my build but im still waiting to buy a 650d hopefully second hand. Ill be sure to hit you with a build log as soon as i get there though.
I was actually quoting
123xxx
as im pretty sure he has the same parts too and was wondering if he had posted a build log anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back