Graphics
780 Ti Classified
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, long-time lurker with very noob questions, thanks for your patience. Not totally sure which section to post in, figured this would be the best place.

So I bought the EVGA GTX 770 2GB for a HackPro build (video editing, animation, gaming on Bootcamp) I'm putting together over the next few months. I'm buying the components bit by bit as sales and deals appear.

My question: can I install a 770 in my current Mac Pro (early 2008) now? Will I need to the replace the Mac Pro PSU—I'm having an oddly hard time finding the specs on the Mac Pro PSU. How do I look up what 8-/6-pin power connectors I have available short of popping it open?

Thanks for your help!

Current system specs:
Processor: 2 x 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Memory: 8 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
Software: OS X 10.9 (13A603)

GTX 770 details:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921

According to the box it requires:

"One 8-pin PCI Express power connector or two available 6-pin PCI Express power connectors and one 6-pin PCI Express power connector or two available hard disk power connectors."​

...so is there a reason they don't just say three 6-pin PCI Express connectors for the middle option? Am I parsing that sentence wrong?

I'm having the same question.. How did you connect it / what power cables did you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back