Contribute
Register

GTX 760 - Sierra issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any updates to this? I am considering buying a 760 because of the native support, but if it's not working on Sierra, I would like to know before I waste money on a used card I can't return.

GTX 760 is native and works without any issues. Im using a 760 in Sierra and works fine.

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 16.59.35.png

GTX 760 is native and works without any issues. Im using a 760 in Sierra and works fine.

That's why I was considering it, but folks here seem to be having a lot of trouble. Maybe I misunderstood that they weren't configured properly, and assuming you set config correctly, it works perfectly. In that case, I am still considering it an option.

That's why I was considering it, but folks here seem to be having a lot of trouble. Maybe I misunderstood that they weren't configured properly, and assuming you set config correctly, it works perfectly. In that case, I am still considering it an option.

No problem on Sierra 10.12.5. I am running with a INNO 3D GTX 760 4GB.

Depends. Most people don't have there config.plist set up correctly.

Depends. Most people don't have there config.plist set up correctly.

Just thought I would report back. I returned my glitching Asus 1060 and bought a GeForce GTX 770 for $100. I ran Intel HD 630 for a day in between. Then, I literally had to do nothing except plug it in and boot. As far as I can tell, it's working fine. So I guess I had everything configured right! Thanks, so glad to finally have a properly working GPU.

Just thought I would report back. I returned my glitching Asus 1060 and bought a GeForce GTX 770 for $100. I ran Intel HD 630 for a day in between. Then, I literally had to do nothing except plug it in and boot. As far as I can tell, it's working fine. So I guess I had everything configured right! Thanks, so glad to finally have a properly working GPU.

Make sure that the Graphics Card is coming under GFX0 not PEGP.

It seems odd that I didn't have to do anything except change graphics to PCIe in BIOS. In my config, I still have iGPU enabled, BIOS is all I changed. I have not actually verified the GPU with any benchmark or even tried any of my editing software yet, haven't had time. But it does show up in about this Mac and I appear to have full acceleration in the OS.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 8.07.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 8.07.33 AM.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Is this what I'm looking for?

It seems odd that I didn't have to do anything except change graphics to PCIe in BIOS. In my config, I still have iGPU enabled, BIOS is all I changed. I have not actually verified the GPU with any benchmark or even tried any of my editing software yet, haven't had time. But it does show up in about this Mac and I appear to have full acceleration in the OS.

Can you not use 3rd party external picture uploading websites. Only use Attachments on this site. Not looked at them, Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Ok, sorry. Here you go.

Attachments

• Mac Pro.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 159
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 7.58.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 7.58.40 AM.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 8.07.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 8.07.33 AM.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 179
Ok, sorry. Here you go.

Graphics is showing under PEGP. Rename PEGP to GFX0 and inject Ports. Native Powermanagement is not implemented.

Add to config.plist under ACPI, DSDT, Patches. Create a SSDT.

Code:
change _DSM to XDSM
<5f44534d>
<5844534d>

Code:
change PEGP to GFX0
<50454750>
<47465830>

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "GFX0_HDAU", 0)
{
    External(_SB_.PCI0.PEG0, DeviceObj)
    External(_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0, DeviceObj)
    Scope(_SB.PCI0.PEG0)
    {
        Scope(GFX0)
        {
            Method (_DSM, 4)
            {
                If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 }) }
                Return (Package()
                {
                    "@0,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@1,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@2,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },