Contribute
Register

GTX 760 Performance in Mavericks (issues in CS5.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my system definition to IMac 41,2 . No kernel panics or anything seems alright for now. I noticed something though in the About Me and I didn't worry about it before. It said my i5 was only running at 800mhz. I downloaded GeekBench to confirm and it is correct only 798mhz. That cannot be right it runs fine when running Windows 8. Is there a power management Kext i forgot or is there something else i need to install? Or is something to do with an Apple kext?

It has to do with the System Definition - Try changing to iMac14,1 and see if there is a difference.

Good Luck

It has to do with the System Definition - Try changing to iMac14,1 and see if there is a difference.

Good Luck
No luck on that. It was originally 800mhz too on Mac Pro 3,1, but i changed a file and manually changed it 3.5ghz because I though originally it was just a read error. So I installed NullCPUpowermanagement.kext That didn't do it. I have no clue, do i need a SSDT? I found out that CS 5.5 lags a lot too on the Windows install too so I am running out of ideas. I am going to install CC tomorrow to see If I get better or worse results. Could it also be that OSX is running in 32 Bit mode?

BTW - What version is your BIOS ?

You need at least F8 for that 4690K and many motherboards shipped with F6 Gigabyte.

BTW - What version is your BIOS ?

You need at least F8 for that 4690K and many motherboards shipped with F6 Gigabyte.
I will check my BIOS version tomorrow and Let you know, I am also going to try to boot Mavericks with x64 bit mode to see if that changes anything. Thanks P1lgrim

That was it guys. Make sure if you have a OC board turn your TGR switch change it to position 1. 2 limits the cpu to idle.

Well done - Glad you got it sorted :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back