Contribute
Register

GTX 760 on High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone running it successfully would care to share some advice?
The GTX 760 has native support.
No web drivers, Nvidiagraphicscleanup and Lilu kexts required.

Still can't get away with the lag on my GTX760, using either the MacOS Graphic Drivers or the latest Web Drivers (387.10.10.10.30) on HS 10.13.4 along with the latest Nvidiagraphicscleanup + Lilu kexts.

Anyone running it successfully would care to share some advice?

Thanks

I am using a Galaxy GTX 760 in my main system with both MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra 10.13.4 (High Sierra recently installed).

I currently use a iMac18,3 SMBIOS, which most closely resemble the hardware in my system. Before that I was using the default SMBIOS iMac14,2 in MacOS Sierra. When I want to switch the iMac18,3 SMBIOS, what I did was to also add a iMac14,2 Board-ID according to the instructions here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-3-4-5-6-7-9-10xx-series-black-screen.203430/

Works great in both operating systems ever since. No Lilu or NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts needed. I am not sure if this is applicable to your case, though.

P1LGRIM, I understand my card has native support, only tried the Web Drivers to see if they would clear the lag since under 10.13.4, many had solved the lag issue, but no improvement for me.

After all these months, still running Sierra because HS is lagging. And now, more than ever, I need to upgrade to FCPX 10.4.1 which requires HS. Spent countless hours upgrading to HS.

Are NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Nvidiagraphicscleanup the same?

So I am back with native drivers on a clean install of 10.13.4 along with the NvidiaGraphicsFixup + Lilu kexts.
I had them in the S/L/E, then moved them in the L/E and now they are EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder, with no improvement relative to where they are located.

I do feel browsing the web is now more fluid but watching Youtube videos is still lagging and worst after my system has been running half and hour and more.

Currently using an iMac18,3 profile (no improvement to iMac14,2) since I do get the black screen on the iMac17,1 and haven't got my head around solving this issue. NvidiaGraphicsFixup + Lilu kexts are in the EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder.

Jamesbond007, I got to get my head around your fix and might give it a try.

LensJockey, I would really like to get an AMD graphics card but the supported ones are quite expensive, will see once 10.13.5 be available.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Installed the latest Nvidia Web Drivers 387.10.10.10.30.106 and this is by far my best built with HS, everything flows.

Also removed Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.

My GTX 760 has native support, but the lag on Youtube was awful. This latest version of the Web Drivers did it!
Will further test my unit and see how it behaves under pressure, but so far it is day and night.

Update:
Also removed Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
Sorry, but unable to edit my previous post but I do need the Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and EmuVariableUefi-64, otherwise it reverts to the Mac OS Drivers if I remove those kexts. Running Clover 4439.

Hi! I have a question, the GTX 760 also works natively with SMBIOS 18,3 or are special measures necessary?
Presently working great on 18.3 (HS 10.13.5) but only with the web drivers 387.10.10.10.35.106 or the previous version. Useless to have it work natively since Safari and Google Chrome will be lagging.

Thanks for your reply @Rosto, but the "lag problem" is caused by HS or SMBIOS?
The lag is caused by HS and not the SMBIOS, while this card worked natively in Sierra.

Presently working great on 18.3 (HS 10.13.5) but only with the web drivers 387.10.10.10.35.106 or the previous version. Useless to have it work natively since Safari and Google Chrome will be lagging.

I use a GTX 760 in my main system with iMac18,3 and it works with El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra. I don't see any lagging with Safari under High Sierra. I am interested to know under what conditions you see lagging in Safari under High Sierra when the card is running natively. Would you mind telling us? (I don't use Chrome myself, only Firefox ESR and Safari.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back