Contribute
Register

GTX 760 & Intel 2500K - 4K video results in choppy video and fan noise (vtdecoderxpcservice high CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys

On my Hackintosh running El Capitan (with GTX 760 and 2500K), when attempting to play 4K video (either through Youtube, or downloaded as an MP4 using Quicktime or even VLC), it results in choppy video playback and the fans ramping up to loud levels.

When checking Activity monitor, the vtdecoderxpcservice is around 300% CPU when using quicktime, and if I use VLC, VLC uses around 300% CPU too.

Is there a fix for this? I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers for my Hackintosh. The problem does not exist on my late 2013 13' MacBook Pro which has a retina display, and is therefore pushing more pixels then my 1080p display linked to my Hackintosh

Thanks all

Thanks. I have exams now and will try this in March.

As I'm planning to keep my Hack for at least another year now (can't afford a real mac at the moment), do these fixes above still apply if I 'upgrade' to a 3770K and a GTX 960 or above (from my current 2500K and GTX 760?)

I'm upgrading as I plan to get two 1440p Dell U251H monitors.

Thanks. I have exams now and will try this in March.

As I'm planning to keep my Hack for at least another year now (can't afford a real mac at the moment), do these fixes above still apply if I 'upgrade' to a 3770K and a GTX 960 or above (from my current 2500K and GTX 760?)

I'm upgrading as I plan to get two 1440p Dell U251H monitors.

Hi @hamzab,
did you fix this kind of issue?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back