CPU
I5-6500
Graphics
GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last night I tried to upgrade to the GM Sierra release. Before updating, my El Capitan setup was working flawlessly. After updating, I had to add a new patch to get the WiFi to work, but I still cannot get the NVIDIA web drivers to work properly. Also had to make some changes to get audio working again.

Here is what I have tried:
Updated to latest driver beta.
Check Problem 4 Method 1 that was working for me in El Capitan http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
Tried Method 3
Tried Method 2

I have emu variable installed.

The only way I can get it to boot is by disabling the drivers. Otherwise, I get a black screen when it is loading.

I updated through the app store, if that matters.

Thanks. I am running the latest beta driver. Maybe it just doesn't support the GM, though I have read other posts where people were successful.

The check in the driver is for build "16A" which means it is only checking the first three characters of the build number. All of the Sierra betas, including the GM, start with 16A.

The check in the driver is for build "16A" which means it is only checking the first three characters of the build number. All of the Sierra betas, including the GM, start with 16A.

Right, which could be why it is installing but not working.

Last edited:
Hi,

Same problem here with a GTX 750 Ti, Sierra GM and the last web driver (Nvidia Web Driver - 367.10.10.05b01).
The build version is "16A" and the methods 1, 2 and 3 does't solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back