Contribute
Register

GTX 750 Ti maybe lagging my hackintosh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
CPU
X5450
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Hello, i'm a new in Hackintosh world. I'm having a lag problem on my system, i searched in the internet and i could see that it may be the driver version of my GTX 750 Ti that i am using. I'm currently using the latest update for CUDA and Web Drive. CUDA 418.163 and Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.134

Is there any recommended version for GTX 750 Ti or Maxwell Architecture ?

My configs:
CPU: Xeon x5450
GPU: GTX 750 Ti / Gigabyte OC version
Motherboard: GA-P35-DS3
RAM: 8Gb 4x2 800Mhz
SSD SanDisk 120Gb

Hello, i'm a new in Hackintosh world. I'm having a lag problem on my system, i searched in the internet and i could see that it may be the driver version of my GTX 750 Ti that i am using. I'm currently using the latest update for CUDA and Web Drive. CUDA 418.163 and Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.134

Is there any recommended version for GTX 750 Ti or Maxwell Architecture ?

My configs:
CPU: Xeon x5450
GPU: GTX 750 Ti / Gigabyte OC version
Motherboard: GA-P35-DS3
RAM: 8Gb 4x2 800Mhz
SSD SanDisk 120Gb

What is the version of MacOS you are running on your system?

I am using a GTX 750 Ti on High Sierra, macOS 10.13.6 (17G7024), my CUDA matches yours, but my web driver says I am up to date at 387.10.10.10.40.128, which matches the downloads section. Maybe you went too far with the web driver?

What is the version of MacOS you are running on your system?

I was using High Sierra build 17G2208. Now i'm using High Sierra build 17G65 with the propely drivers made for this build, but i'm still having laggy issues. Some people said it could be power management problem, i tried to create a custom power management but didn't work. I don't know if you can help me with it, but i uploaded my EFI folder to Filebin, i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

https://filebin.net/a0j2nljh45s7ohpj/EFI.zip

I am using a GTX 750 Ti on High Sierra, macOS 10.13.6 (17G7024), my CUDA matches yours, but my web driver says I am up to date at 387.10.10.10.40.128, which matches the downloads section. Maybe you went too far with the web driver?
Now that i installed the right version of Web Drivers and CUDA for this build that i'm using, i don't thin this is Graphic Driver problem :\

i don't think i can buy a new graphic card
How about a used GTX 760 or 770 that has native support ? You can even upgrade to Catalina with those.
Always people looking to buy a used 750 Ti for a decent price. Budget gamers love those cards.

Last edited:
How about a used GTX 760 or 770 that has native support ? You can even upgrade to Catalina with those.
Always people looking to buy a used 750 Ti for a decent price. Budget gamers love those cards.
Yeah, maybe i can try sell my GTX 750 ti and buy a GTX 760, but until then it will take a time and i wanted to leave Linux and go to macOS; and i will have a lot of throttling, cuz my CPU is from 2008 and the GTX 750 Ti is the most stable version for this CPU

Last edited:
Isn’t it a bit risky to upgrade to Catalina with a P35 motherboard?

I wonder if your CPU is just too "mature" to do what you expect of it given the API and frameworks macOS uses. Windows and Linux have longer legacy support so it may be okay on their platforms. Normally High Sierra is a good choice for older kit, but the latest Security Updates are actually more than that, they update many more core components.

Gigabyte don't list your Xeon as a supported CPU for the motherboard, as far as I can tell, and Intel states it was first released 2007. Most are basically Core 2 Duo-types. Yours is a server-grade 4-core, but it doesn't have hyper-threading, turbo-boost or VT-x.

I had a GTX 750ti and they are lovely, fast cards. My inclination is that the rest of the system may not be up to the job, rather than the GPU.

Hope I'm kind of wrong though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back