Contribute
Register

GTX 750 Ti maybe lagging my hackintosh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if your CPU is just too "mature" to do what you expect of it given the API and frameworks macOS uses. Windows and Linux have longer legacy support so it may be okay on their platforms. Normally High Sierra is a good choice for older kit, but the latest Security Updates are actually more than that, they update many more core components.

Gigabyte don't list your Xeon as a supported CPU for the motherboard, as far as I can tell, and Intel states it was first released 2007. Most are basically Core 2 Duo-types. Yours is a server-grade 4-core, but it doesn't have hyper-threading, turbo-boost or VT-x.

I had a GTX 750ti and they are lovely, fast cards. My inclination is that the rest of the system may not be up to the job, rather than the GPU.

Hope I'm kind of wrong though...
About the security update, i didn't update it, i'm in a clean 17G65 build without update the security patch, only itunes and others Apple apps
And my CPU is not listed in Gigabyte site because the CPU it's adapted for P35 chipset; the CPU is socket 771 and the motherboard it's 775 socket

I was using High Sierra build 17G2208. Now i'm using High Sierra build 17G65 with the propely drivers made for this build, but i'm still having laggy issues. Some people said it could be power management problem, i tried to create a custom power management but didn't work. I don't know if you can help me with it, but i uploaded my EFI folder to Filebin, i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

https://filebin.net/a0j2nljh45s7ohpj/EFI.zip

Now that i installed the right version of Web Drivers and CUDA for this build that i'm using, i don't thin this is Graphic Driver problem :\

I think (guess) the laggy you experienced is due to that no webdriver is having support for 750 ti maxwell cards (read the supported product ID and you may see, 750 simply no on the list). this is sometimes confusing, your latest HS is not getting support whatsoever.

I stay in low version for quite some time though.

I have bought this GPU GTX 750 ti 2gb, the shipment has not yet arrived. I have a GTX 650 ti 1gb and my HP z400 pc with sierra 10.12.6 works very well with all its displays, but some things like the total shutdown of the pc does not work properly. other than that I want to try switching from 110w to 60w. and more power in video. In my country that is important. I think you should test the Clover configuration. I will send you an image for you to test.
1. Open the clover configurator.
2. in the first option below (TOOLS) click on Mount EFI.
3. Find the disk of the system. click mount partition, then open partition.
4. Go to EFI / CLOVER folder open archive, Config.plist. //IMPORTANT TO BACKUP//
(When you open it, you should open the clover.)
In the images is my configuration to activate the nvidia drivers. I hope it can help,
I guess it should work the same because the drivers are for this chain of GPUs. In case it is not activated after the installation or the installation of the web driver. Because it happened to me before, But since I don't have clover configured, they don't enter in any way. Because when starting systema ignores them.

If the system does not want to enter and gives a black screen. enter using the code nv_disable=1
to ignore the drives and re-enter the system.
To replace the config.plist with the backup and return to the previous state.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-06-19 a la(s) 7.20.23 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-06-19 a la(s) 7.20.23 p.m..png
    105.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Captura de pantalla 2021-06-19 a la(s) 7.20.36 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-06-19 a la(s) 7.20.36 p.m..png
    96.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Captura de pantalla 2021-06-19 a la(s) 7.20.59 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-06-19 a la(s) 7.20.59 p.m..png
    91 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Status