Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-750
Graphics
9600 GT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

i have an Nvidia 9600 GT working fine in my "Mac". (Yosemite 10.10.3)

i want a new card, Maxwell core Nvidias are very good -passive heating too - cards.
(Palit GTX 750 ti)
But i saw many problems by people :/

are they working (and will in the future?) with the new Nvidia drivers?
or still many problems?
need I search for other cards?

I have a Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti, and it works very well with the nVidia web drivers. See the link in my signature block for how I installed it.

The problem(s) cards seem to be the GTX 750 Ti that have the VGA port. The nVidia card does not have the VGA port - 2x DVI and a mini HDMI. However, the nVidia specifications state that the 750 Ti can drive up to four monitors, which the Gigabyte 750 Ti can do. See the nVidia GTX 750 Ti site for pictures of the Reference Design card: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-750-ti/product-images

Looking at the Palit GTX 750 Ti cards on their web site, three cards are listed, two of which has a VGA connector. I would not recommend the StormX cards because of the VGA port. The KalmX has 2-DVI and a mini HDMI port which is like the Reference Design. So, the KalmX model is a better choice, IMO. However, I have no experience with the Palit brand of graphics cards. YMMV.

Lastly, the nVidia Maxwell Web (and CUDA) drivers require you to have Yosemite installed.

Good Luck!

I have a Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti, and it works very well with the nVidia web drivers. See the link in my signature block for how I installed it.

The problem(s) cards seem to be the GTX 750 Ti that have the VGA port. The nVidia card does not have the VGA port - 2x DVI and a mini HDMI. However, the nVidia specifications state that the 750 Ti can drive up to four monitors, which the Gigabyte 750 Ti can do. See the nVidia GTX 750 Ti site for pictures of the Reference Design card: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-750-ti/product-images

Looking at the Palit GTX 750 Ti cards on their web site, three cards are listed, two of which has a VGA connector. I would not recommend the StormX cards because of the VGA port. The KalmX has 2-DVI and a mini HDMI port which is like the Reference Design. So, the KalmX model is a better choice, IMO. However, I have no experience with the Palit brand of graphics cards. YMMV.

Lastly, the nVidia Maxwell Web (and CUDA) drivers require you to have Yosemite installed.

Good Luck!

Very clear, usable answer! Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back