gtx780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a GTX680 for my hackintosh. Unfortunately installing the GTX680 using graphicsenabler=no breaks airplay (because then then the system doesn't load the kexts for HD3000), and that's one of the features i use the most. Is anyone aware of how to fix this issue?

my specs are: 2500k, gtx680, gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3

Wait a little bit, if Apple adds some native GeForce 6xx drivers (or if the existing ones are found to work through a edit somehow) then it will be possible on ML with GraphicsEnabler=yes. YMMV though, in my case I get the HD 3000 artifacting problem that artifacts all displays, even ones connected to the GTX 580. Disabling the HD 3000 drivers immediately resolved the problem.

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a GTX680 for my hackintosh. Unfortunately installing the GTX680 using graphicsenabler=no breaks airplay (because then then the system doesn't load the kexts for HD3000), and that's one of the features i use the most. Is anyone aware of how to fix this issue?

my specs are: 2500k, gtx680, gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3

You have to inject 0x0126 'device-id' through DSDT edits for HD3000 to work using GraphicsEnabler=No.

Code:
Device (IGPU)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x06)
                        {
                            "device-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 
                            "AAPL,snb-platform-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00
                            }, 
                            "hda-gfx", 
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-1"
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

thanks for your responses guys. i ended up switching to airparrot for my airplay needs, i was having serious stability problems with it when running the hd6950, but it seems a bit more stable now. Kris404 ill still give your suggestion a try as i really prefer native airplay solution.

mrbubbles, Im not sure this is something that will be resolved by apple. I may be totally wrong about this, but my understanding is that graphicsenabler=no is preferred as that is closer to a vanilla install. HD3000 however needs this hack to work. Again, im not an expert and i could be totally wrong. Im actually surprised you had issues with 580+hd3000 since both graphics run on graphicsenabler=yes

I have some other posts about the issues... tl;dr HD 3000 for i5-2500k has a different device ID that GraphicsEnabler=yes didn't seem to work on. The GTX 580 worked perfectly OOB, but HD 3000 artifacts seemed to corrupt its display too until I completely disabled the HD 3000 drivers (using stock VGA ones atm with Graphics Mode to force 1080p on the monitor).

quick update: using kris404's suggestion + setting hd3000 as initial gpu in the bios + mac mini system profile via multiman, hd3000 and gtx680 show in the system information, and i was able to run a display at full resolution off the onboard hdmi. now the only issue is when i click on the airplay button and select my apple tv, it does nothing, except change my audio output to airplay. thanks for the help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back