Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 670
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I wanted to follow a guide i saw to download a modified version of libclh.dyib and rename the initial libclh.dylib to libclhBAK.dylib while adding in a downloaded libclh.dylib.
Apparently this is a quick fix to allow After Effects to recognize the OpenGl capability of my Gtx 670.
But I may have damaged this file and am not sure how to repair the GeforceDriverBundle libclh.dylib without reinstalling mountain lion.

To get to the file i went through
System->Library->Extensions->GeforceDriver.bundle (right click, show package contents)->Contents->MacOS
which is where the files appear.

If anyone knows how to restore this section to what it was without reinstalling ML. I would appreciate it.

-HiddenRoad89

To revert to the original state;

1. delete the modified kext file.
2. Rename xxxxxBAK to its original name.
3. Open Terminal in Applications and type exactly as follows:- sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions and hit enter, enter your password.
4. Reboot.

I'll give this a try, thank you :)

I know that it is an issue with my Gtx 670 because I have two monitors and one monitor is plugged in with my HD4000, no problem, no lag.
The other is with the Gtx 670 and there is some major lag to the point where when i scroll through lists, the ones on the screen flow over the ones i scroll to below until i click on a file and with the keyboard move up and down to correct the view.

I may have switched out my original libclh.dylib with a modified libclh.dylib. I may have also deleted what i thought was the modified one but was the original and replaced with the modified libclh.dylib.

Is there anyway to restore all the extensions back to what they were when installing mac os x ML?

Or maybe uninstalling or deleting the GeforceDriver.bundle where i believe the problem remains and reinstalling?

Btw I also deleted another Geforcedriver.bundle that I thought to be a clone or double of the 64MB geforcedriver.bundle but only held 2MB versus the others 46MB :/

I have a ton of software that would take a long time to reinstall and i'm not sure how i would go about re-registering it all serials etc..

If you can find someone else with a mac you could grab their kext containing everything, I believe they are identical across all macs (assuming the version is the same i.e. 10.8.2). You might even find a downloadable copy somewhere on the net.

I would offer but I live in an area with no Infinity or Cable so have god awful upload speed......

Wow, I never thought of that! That would do the trick I would think =)

I can't find anyone with ML 10.8.2. If anyone has the GeforceGlDriver.bundle i'd appreciate it. Currently working with a Gtx 670 that under performs my HD4000. Also if there is two GeforceGlDriver.bundles in your extension list I could use both.

-Video Editor without his tools :/
Hiddenroad89

Go and download this then use it to open the Mountain Lion Installer you downloaded from the apple store. You can then use the search feature in the top right and then extract the file you require.

Sorry for asking here but I didnot want to make new topic...
I will get GTX 670 2gb Gigabyte today upgrading 6870 card. Do I net to instal nvidia drivers if I have 10.8.2 or only cuda drivers.
Please answer cos I cant wait for currier now :)

The reason why I got 670 was jumping playback in Premier (gopro3 protune even 1080p50. 2.7 no chance) I just test it on the same clip and looks like Radeon 6870 1gb performed better then 670 cuds.

OTB I changed GE=NO and installed suds drivers. is there anything else what I can do to improve it.

Is this modified kext libclh.dylib actually works, where can I find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back