Core i9 10980XE
Graphics
Radeon 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

i am trying to get my HDMI interface working but I really do not understand what toledo explains. I do not understand how to patch my DSDT at which position with which tool and which patch exactly because those tutorials are mixing them up. It seems that I am to silly at all. Could anybody please explain me, what there is to do?!

Many thanks
Gaul

Attachments

• dsdt.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 65
  • ioreg.zip
    642.6 KB · Views: 65
Okay, I have patched DSDT by replacing PEG0 with PEGP and now IOReg shows up GFX0 and HDAU. But there are no subnodes indicating that AppleHDA is using this device.

So, do I have to edit the kext like toleda's tutorial describes or does that not apply to Mountain Lion?

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IOReg.zip
    412.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Bildschirmfoto 2013-04-20 um 12.39.25.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-04-20 um 12.39.25.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 86
Okay, I have patched DSDT by replacing PEG0 with PEGP and now IOReg shows up GFX0 and HDAU. But there are no subnodes indicating that AppleHDA is using this device.
Trying to do the edits manually is a formula for failure; trash what you have done. The tool does all the work; see Benefits in Post #1 of Mountain Lion HDMI Audio.

Hi toleda,

The tool does all the work.

thanks for your quick reply, indeed it does - it works like a charm now! Meanwhile I found out what I did wrong last time I tried the MaciASL + "sb2-hdmi_audio_ami_[efi/bios]_hd3000-1.txt" combination: While my first attempt I used the BIOS version of your patch because my install is using UEFI CSM to drive OS X; I thought that patch version would therefore be appropriate - big mistake. The EFI patch did the work.

So, many thanks again for you assistance.

One last "problem" remains: Getting 7.1 PCM out of the card is no problem any more, but I tried to bitstream DTS Master Audio to my Yamaha AMP but that box "only" detects standard DTS. I used VLC and Mac Blu-Ray Player (which is using some VideoLAN libs). Do you know if it is an application related issue or does it simply not work at all?

Gaul

One last "problem" remains: Getting 7.1 PCM out of the card is no problem any more, but I tried to bitstream DTS Master Audio to my Yamaha AMP but that box "only" detects standard DTS. I used VLC and Mac Blu-Ray Player (which is using some VideoLAN libs). Do you know if it is an application related issue or does it simply not work at all?
VLC does not support DTS-MA, the amp is seeing DTS core. Search the Plex forum for 7.1 DTS-MA to 7.1 LCPM encode; that's as close as you can get currently.

Hi toleda,

it seems that getting Master Audio or TrueHD bitstreamed is not possible (yet) regardless of the software being used. Decoding facilities for MLP/TrueHD are available in VLC but anything with more than six channels (5.1) is getting the frakkin channel mapping module of VLC confused... center is left side, back are side AND back... very disappointing.

But I found another solution that works: Within a Parallels virtual machine I use MPC-HC with LAV codec(s) which can be configured to use the ArcSoft DTS-Decoder (which in turn supports Master Audio). That emulated 7.1 card sends the data to the HDMI interface which is configured as an 8 channel device within OS X. So my amp is not getting the stream directly so far, but I can enjoy the full 7.1 experience via the PCM.

Many thanks again,
Tobias

Decoding facilities for MLP/TrueHD are available in VLC but anything with more than six channels (5.1) is getting the frakkin channel mapping module of VLC confused... center is left side, back are side AND back... very disappointing.
Try Audio MIDI Setup/Audio Devices/Configure Speakers... to assign an audio track to any speaker.

I have tried that for around an hour... I could not find a way to change the channel layout so VLC would play it like it's supposed to be. It seems that VLC does not care about those settings. Very strange though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back