Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490
CPU
i9-10900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been doing some LuxMark tests, and after comparing to other people with GTX 670 I found I have a really low performance.

Mine is the one with the user Name Davirus: 245

Any clue what could be doing that?

I have the multibeast patch for enable OpenCL and I have CUDA running fine.

I'm using Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

What slot do you have it in on your motherboard and do you have any other PCIe cards installed?

Not all the physical x16 slots on z77 motherboards are real x16. On this motherboard, only the first one is a full x16. The second is an x8 and the third is a x4.

Also given that the 1155 cpus only have x16 lanes, if you install any other cards you cut down on the bandwidth available. So if you had a x4 PCIe SSD and a x8 raid card, you'd be down to at most x8 lanes available and possibly only 4, depending on exactly what was in what slot and how things were configured.

What slot do you have it in on your motherboard and do you have any other PCIe cards installed?

Not all the physical x16 slots on z77 motherboards are real x16. On this motherboard, only the first one is a full x16. The second is an x8 and the third is a x4.

Also given that the 1155 cpus only have x16 lanes, if you install any other cards you cut down on the bandwidth available. So if you had a x4 PCIe SSD and a x8 raid card, you'd be down to at most x8 lanes available and possibly only 4, depending on exactly what was in what slot and how things were configured.

Yup, it's the only card I have connected to the Motherboard, also I'm not using the SSD right now, so it's not plug in. But the video card is connected to the first port.

After doing some tests, I found I sometimes get some higher values like 1020-1030, but i still below average.

I'm still getting max of 1053, should I be worried about it?

I have seen other people getting more than 2000

Yup, it's the only card I have connected to the Motherboard, also I'm not using the SSD right now, so it's not plug in. But the video card is connected to the first port.

We say slot for that kind of connector, not port. The SSD has nothing to do with the PCIe lanes, that's a SATA III port you'd want to use for those.

I'm not sure where you are getting the 2000 number from for the Luxmark benchmark numbers. A 670 under osx seems to do about 1000-1100. So a 1030 might be a bit low for a Asus TOP 670, but wouldn't be out of line for a regular non-overcocked 670.

I suspect that 2k number is for a dual or triple SLI setup.

Hey,
I got very curios to see what my score would be as well. I am using the Gigabyte 670 GTX and ML 10.8.2. I am getting double the score you're getting :eek:
2029 with Geforce GTX 670 [GPU, 28, 705 MHz]

See screenshot. I've no idea why our score is so different! ML update maybe?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-31 at 1.08.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-31 at 1.08.02 AM.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 238
Hey,
I got very curios to see what my score would be as well. I am using the Gigabyte 670 GTX and ML 10.8.2. I am getting double the score you're getting :eek:

It's a mystery, I'm on 10.8.2 with all updates installed and the latest nVidia drivers.

Hey,

What system profile you are using? MacPro3,1 or MacPro5,1 or something else? Or perhaps your card have 4GB onboard?

I read something similar here. Ok, I found the post. Maybe this will help you:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/73081-testing-thread-geforce-gtx-660-a-15.html

Specifically this resolved that user's performance problem:
"By turning off TurboSATA/USB3 in the BIOS->Integrated Peripherals, I managed to change that to x16, as illustrated in the attachment. My USB3 peripherals still work properly. Having Turbo enabled with only one of the two card slots filled makes the x16 one revert to x8. Go figure."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back