Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490
CPU
i9-10900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I bought a new NVIDIA GeForce 210 for my two additional VGA screens, but since I plug in the GF 210 the performance in MacOS dropped really bad.

The whole interface, animations and responding speed became low.

I'm SUPPOSING it's because, somehow, mac os is taking the 210 as the main video card for rendering the whole interface, I may be wrong.

Someone knows how to fix this or if there is someway to make the GTX670 main again?

Note: I have the GTX670 in the first PCIe port in the motherboard and the GF 210 in the third (because the GTX670 use two ports).

Thanks in advance.

Also, I may report when playing StarCraft2, it use the GF 210 instead of the GTX 670:

Wich strongs my theory about Mac OS setting the GF 210 as main video card.

This is a long shot but I had some weirdness with openGL rendering in MaxMSP where it seemed to matter in which order your desktops/displays are arranged and which one has the menu bar on it. Try moving things around in display preferences>arrangement.

This is a long shot but I had some weirdness with openGL rendering in MaxMSP where it seemed to matter in which order your desktops/displays are arranged and which one has the menu bar on it. Try moving things around in display preferences>arrangement.

The OS performance was fixed plugging two screens into the GTX 670 and the 3th one in the G210 (I had 2 in the GT210 and 1 in the GTX 670 when I did my first post).

But in StarCraft2 still having the problem that the game is using the GT 210, doesn't matter the arrange I make:

Side step: what do you need the GF210 for? The GTX670 supports 3 and 4 displays now with the new Nvidia drivers.

Well, I can't boot Mac OS X with the new drivers, all my screen became grey as soon the logging part loads ( I can pass the loading during the apple logo but can't pass to desktop).

I suppose that it's because 2 of my 3 screens are VGA, and while the GFX have 1 analog port, and using a HDMI to VGA adapter, I still having this issue, so I blame the HDMI to VGA adapter.

In the meanwhile I get new screens I decided to buy a low budged card just for those 2 VGA screens.

With the GF 210 I can plug the 2nd VGA screen directly to the VGA port in the card.

GFX 670:
· DVI-I
· DVI-D

GF 210:
· VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back