PNY GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
finally, I succeeded my first hackintosh, everything works perfectly except wake (it works but I have black screen with nothing on wake). Wake works only if I boot on Windows 7 first, and restart on Mac OSX Moutain Lion.
Presumably booting into Windows allows the Windows drivers to upload GFX card firmware into the system which remains in the event of a restart.
Without this tip, wake doesn't work properly.
I think it certainly the fact that the Nvidia GTX 660 Ti doesn't wake up.

Anyone have an idea to fix that ?

(I used DSDT_September.zip on this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/60920-success-i5-2500k-zotac-z77-itx-mountain-lion-12.html)

Thx.

I am also having this same issue. I have the 660 ti and I can't get the display to wake after sleep. The rest of the system appears to wake normally when I press the space bar, but the graphics don't come back online.

Yep, lots of us have this issue with the 660ti (and other nvidia cards) on Lion and Mountain Lion. Take a read through the main 660ti thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...611-660-ti-thread-questions-answers-here.html

Lots of people say they don't have the problem, some claim to have fixed it (graphics card efi string in the DSDT is one suggested fix, haven't tried it myself). Personally I haven't fixed it.

It does appear to be sleep length dependent. I can sleep and immediately wake successfully, but if I sleep for a couple of hours or overnight this issue rears it's head. It also seems slightly sporadic, since I can sometimes wake from a longer sleep successfully, but not 100% of the time. So it may be that your 'works after windows and restart' is just luck and nothing to do with windows...

It's not clear how long people claiming that 'wake works' are leaving the hack asleep for.

I'm having the same issue with my Asus 650 Ti Boost.

Interestingly enough, for me the display WILL actually come back on after the wake from sleep, but it takes about 3 to 5 minutes…

I noticed nukky used a custom DSDT (I did too). Has anyone tried a DSDT free installation?

I'm having the same issue with my Asus 650 Ti Boost.

I noticed nukky used a custom DSDT (I did too). Has anyone tried a DSDT free installation?

I have a DSDT free installation. Attempted twice and still wake from Sleep doesn't work.

Mountain Lion 10.8.4

I rolled back to 10.8.2... did NOT install CUDA. No sleep issues since. I have a 560GTX (Not the ti version) that had been exhibiting the same sleep problems on 10.8.3--->.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back