Contribute
Register

GTX 660 ti compatible or not? (and other kepler-based dGPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime X570 Pro
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello :)

I read somewhere that kepler-based NVidia GPUs should be natively supported by macOS. Does that mean they require no web driver at all?

Does this mean I could use a GTX660ti on Mojave and get full functionality? Or would it fail since there is no web driver for Mojave?

In my experience the 660ti needed NVidia web driver in Sierra and HighSierra (otherwise I got low res and glitches) but maybe it was my mistake...

What about GTX750 and GTX760 (also kepler-based)?

Thank you for your help.
Best,
-a-

I could test by using Multibeast 11.0.1 and check:
Inject NVIDIA
For desktop systems with older NVIDIA graphics cards such as GeForce 8xxx, 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 610, and 630. Adds Graphics/Inject/NVIDIA=YES to CustoMac Default /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

Now I wonder how to revert that in case it's useless or detrimental...
Can I just remove the part that was added into config.plist or is there anything else to revert?

Tx
-a-

I put the GTX 660ti in and rebooted after selecting PCIe as primary display in the BIOS.
I got 4K right away...
The card seems correctly recognized. However I get glitches every now and then. I guess I have no acceleration (I can watch youtube in fullscreen, though)...
I could test by using Multibeast 11.0.1 and check:
Inject NVIDIA
For desktop systems with older NVIDIA graphics cards such as GeForce 8xxx, 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 610, and 630. Adds Graphics/Inject/NVIDIA=YES to CustoMac Default /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
Doing this didn't help...

I guess this is a dead-end, right? I mean until NWDs come out eventually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back