Contribute
Register

GTX 660 Stuck on kextd stall[01], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU' Help pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z97 MSI Mpower Max AC
CPU
Graphics
GTX660
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys, I got Stuck on:

NVDA:disabled by nv_disable=1 boot-arg
kextd stall[01], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

What can I do ? :/

Bootflags: Everything as default except nvdisable=0

Build:
MSI z97 MPOWER
i4790k
Nvidia GTX 660

Attachments

• Archivo 26-10-17 12 23 29.jpeg
    Archivo 26-10-17 12 23 29.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 421
Move FakeSMC.kext and all other kexts from “EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13" folder to "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other".

I'm having this same problem. I originally installed High Sierra fresh and everything seemed to be working ok, except I don't think Quartz graphics. So, I launched multibeast and made selections that seemed appropriate for my mobo (MSI Z77A-GD65). Now, I can't boot from my hard drive or from my USB install key to be able to launch terminal to be able to manipulate the recommended files. How does one get rid of the kexts inadvertently added by Multibeast? Earlier, I was able to boot off my USB key and I reformatted the hard drive and ran the installer again. But now I can't even boot off my USB key or from the hard drive. Same error as above along with:

"
Error allocating 0x30fa pages at.... alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
"

Any guidance appreciated,

di11rod

Move FakeSMC.kext and all other kexts from “EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13" folder to "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other".

Thank you! It worked... I'm past the previous error but now I'm stuck here:

com.apple.xpc.launchd(1) (com.apple.windowServer) Service only ran for 8 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10seconds

I think we are Just a step away... thank you in advance

Attachments

• Archivo 26-10-17 21 52 15.jpeg
    Archivo 26-10-17 21 52 15.jpeg
    601.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
I can't help with your boot problem... but once you get everything installed, your still going to have issues in High Sierra with the GTX 660 card. You may want to just stick with Sierra until there is a fix.

See this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gtx-660-glitch-issue-with-macos-high-sierra-10-13.233101/

Thank you. Yes I'm aware there may be some glitches, still I want to boot high sierra and test. What options should I check ? Flags? Inject? with a kepler card. 0 Issues with "el capitan", regarding High Sierra, my system is booting and installing normally using de Intel HD4600 so the problem is isolated to the config. of the Nvidia GPU... If anybody with more experience can share something that'll be great, thanks community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back