GTX400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I have tried several methods discribed in the forums, but unfortunately none of them worked.
Finally, I have succeeded to get HDMI Audio on Yosemite & El Capitan with the following kext :
- VoodooHDA-2.kext - version 2.8.7 with Nvidia web drivers 346.06.04f02

Then I setup the 5.1 output by using Applications/Utilities/Midi & Audio setup.

I know that it is complicated to get HDMI Audio working, and that is why I want to share that with all of you.

I hope this can help...:)
Atazanga

Hello, could you say where you found those nvidia drivers? I did a quick internet search and couldn't find the version you're talking about.

Hello, could you say where you found those nvidia drivers? I did a quick internet search and couldn't find the version you're talking about.

Probably just a typo. You must use the correct nvidia driver for the specific build of OS X that you are running. Drivers are not required for all nvidia cards - in fact the GTX 660 works very well with the supplied drivers in OS X.
http://www.macvidcards.com/drivers.html

Yep, I was going to try installing additional drivers in order to get hdmi audio working, but it worked anyway when I used one of the universal audio drivers.

Hello all,

I have tried several methods discribed in the forums, but unfortunately none of them worked.
Finally, I have succeeded to get HDMI Audio on Yosemite & El Capitan with the following kext :
- VoodooHDA-2.kext - version 2.8.7 with Nvidia web drivers 346.06.04f02

Then I setup the 5.1 output by using Applications/Utilities/Midi & Audio setup.

I know that it is complicated to get HDMI Audio working, and that is why I want to share that with all of you.

I hope this can help...:)
Atazanga

tried this and it works on 660ti running Sierra!!! sweeet!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back