Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for fun, I put my 660 back in after installing the Catalina public beta. I haven't spent too much time with it, but so far I've seen no glitches doing the things I used to do to quickly trigger them in Mojave and High Sierra.

Edit: 30 seconds after clicking submit, they started. So much for that...

Good day. In GTX 650 Ti and GTX 650 Ti Boost video cards you are unlikely to get hardware acceleration. They are based on the GK106 core in contrast to the GTX 650 series without the "Ti" suffix, which is based on the GK107 chip. The person from this LINK stream started the GTX 650 (version with 1GB). I think that with 2GB of memory it will also work successfully.

GTX 650 TI Boost SC 2Gb (GK106) have really rare glitches, they appear in some random situations and the acceleration works. I've tested world of warcraft and the game worked for a while until I've closed the game and everything start glitching. The main problem is, the nvidia support itself is choppy in mojave, it was too much inferior compared to Sierra, so I gave up for now.

I hope soon we'll get good news from someone.... fingers crossed...!!... otherwise I'll look for some cheap alternative.

By the way I have found a temporary fix for the issue, it will disable the pixelated graphics for sometime... we don't need to restart the machine.

we just have to open SYSTEM PREFERENCES > DISPLAY > DISPLAY > SCALED > SWITCH TO SOME OTHER SUPPORTED RESOLUTION > BACK TO OLD RESOLUTION

If others have managed any workaround, then please share.

Some time ago, someone posted a script that will rotate your screen 180 degrees two times. It also worked to me when the glitches started. A little inconvenience, but still.

Has anyone found a fix for this horrible artifacts? I'm stuck in macOS Sierra because I have GTX 660...

Has anyone found a fix for this horrible artifacts? I'm stuck in macOS Sierra because I have GTX 660...

Until nvidia release an unsigned driver (I don't believe this will happen), the easier solution is rotating the screen (the video memory will flush and you'll uh... reset the counter).

Hi! Just to be clear, there's nothing to do to solve this glitches on GTX660 and High Sierra? I have installed latest drivers and latest LILO and WhateverGreen kexts with hackintool. Thanks in advise!
GTX660-glitches.png)

Hi! Just to be clear, there's nothing to do to solve this glitches on GTX660 and High Sierra? I have installed latest drivers and latest LILO and WhateverGreen kexts with hackintool. Thanks in advise!
View attachment 417236)

Have you read any of the previous 69 pages in this thread? It will likely never work again in anything more recent than macOS Sierra. The solution is to find another card that's compatible.

Having read all 70 pages of this thread I'm still not sure what the verdict is on my graphics card. My receipt from Microcenter calls it a "ASUS GTX650TI OC 1GB PCIE DDHV".

I can conclude that the GTX 650 TI "BOOST" model has the glitch issue with High Sierra. I saw one post that mentioned something about an "OC" version but there wasn't enough info there to make a judgement.

So, does anyone know about issues with my graphics card in High Sierra? I'd like to update Logic Pro X and need it for that.

My NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2 is running flawlessly in Catalina without any modifications

For how long? Because my GTX 650 TI Boost SC gets a really long time until glitches appear. It's usable in an average/long run, but the problem still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back