Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
my graphics card is Gigabyte gtx660 3gb, gk106, but in 10.14 and all the before version never has any glitch problem, no needed any config, build in. compared with 10.12,it's very smoothly, really lucky!
Good day. I have this video card link GIGABYTE GTX 660 WindForce 2X 3 GB. So with her, I have a wheezing sound when opening a video on YouTube or MPlayerX . System running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G5019) . Have you tried on 10.14 or 10.14.3?

Last edited:
sure,I installed 10.14 and performanced perfect when open web video

Good day. Today I want to try to install macOS Sierra. Before that, in Clover Bootloader, I ticked "Inject NVidia" and "NvidiaWeb" at the same time, and maybe because of a driver conflict in "System Information" in the "Metal" column, only "Supported" was specified, without specifying a set of functions. Now the family and version are indicated - link. But the sound still wheezes and stutters. I noticed that in the resolution of 720p 30FPS wheeze disappears. And at 1080p (30FPS or 60FPS), as well as at 720p 60FPS, the sound starts wheezing and stuttering. There are suspicions of the processor. I have an Intel Xeon X5460 3.16GHz. I'll try to overclock a little and see. I tried to install Mojave 10.14.0, so the installation was not successful - maybe because of the crooked image, or maybe because of the Nvidia drivers. But when installing, I turned them off (Vesa Mode). I will also try to install Mojave 10.14.1 later. Here is a link to two 480p videos, although there the sound creaks and stutters more strongly, as the screen records with the sound - link

Last edited:
Good day. Today I want to try to install macOS Sierra. Before that, in Clover Bootloader, I ticked "Inject NVidia" and "NvidiaWeb" at the same time, and maybe because of a driver conflict in "System Information" in the "Metal" column, only "Supported" was specified, without specifying a set of functions. Now the family and version are indicated - link. But the sound still wheezes and stutters. I noticed that in the resolution of 720p 30FPS wheeze disappears. And at 1080p (30FPS or 60FPS), as well as at 720p 60FPS, the sound starts wheezing and stuttering. There are suspicions of the processor. I have an Intel Xeon X5460 3.16GHz. I'll try to overclock a little and see. I tried to install Mojave 10.14.0, so the installation was not successful - maybe because of the crooked image, or maybe because of the Nvidia drivers. But when installing, I turned them off (Vesa Mode). I will also try to install Mojave 10.14.1 later. Here is a link to two 480p videos, although there the sound creaks and stutters more strongly, as the screen records with the sound - link

I hasten to inform about their experiments. I tried to install several assemblies, but the crystal clear sound was only on Sierra 10.12.2 (16C66 or 16C67). Also, the sound was clear when hardware acceleration did not work (in fact, without video drivers). In all other cases, the sound wheezed and "stuttered", or disappeared altogether. Also, I have not tried to do it on the advice of "LeBaldi", but I am not sure what will work out, since I have not Intel HD4000, but Intel GMA X4500. This video is not supported natively by the system. I tried to install such systems -
  • 10.12.5 (16F69)
  • 10.12.6 (16G27)
  • 10.14.0 (18A390)
  • 10.14.0 (18A391)
  • 10.14.1 (18B74)
  • 10.14.3 (18D41)
  • 10.14.4 (18E224)

Last edited:
I hasten to inform about their experiments. I tried to install several assemblies, but the crystal clear sound was only on Sierra 10.12.2 (16C66 or 16C67). Also, the sound was clear when hardware acceleration did not work (in fact, without video drivers). In all other cases, the sound wheezed and "stuttered", or disappeared altogether. Also, I have not tried to do it on the advice of "LeBaldi", but I am not sure what will work out, since I have not Intel HD4000, but Intel GMA X4500. This video is not supported natively by the system. I tried to install such systems -
  • 10.12.5 (16F69)
  • 10.12.6 (16G27)
  • 10.14.0 (18A390)
  • 10.14.0 (18A391)
  • 10.14.1 (18B74)
  • 10.14.3 (18D41)
  • 10.14.4 (18E224)

Good day. I sold my GIGABYTE GTX 660 WindForce 2X 3 GB card. Now I think which one to buy, so that there is a hardware acceleration in Mojave. According to the confirmed information, the GeForce GT 740 will work well. There is also information on the success of the GeForce GTX 760 (verified by this link by the participant, and not by the author of this one link threads). Also, this link thread member (not the topic’s author himself) announced the successfully tested GTX 650 card ( not Ti and not Ti Boost) with 1GB of memory. I would prefer with 2 GB of video memory. There is more information from this link thread member that the GTX 760 is confirmed as working. I would choose two video cards - GT 740 2GB or GTX 760 2GB. Guys, what would you advise on macos Mojave?

Hi! My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2GB. After installing Moyave 14.5, this video was played with brakes in a every second. Lunchpad did not open smoothly. Install the driver CUDU and everything worked smoothly and beautifully.

Hi! My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2GB. After installing Moyave 14.5, this video was played with brakes in a every second. Lunchpad did not open smoothly. Install the driver CUDU and everything worked smoothly and beautifully.
Good day. I sold my GTX 660 3GB WindForce video card and instead purchased the GT 740 2GB. But I could not start the hardware acceleration on Mojave 10.14.3 with either the native driver or the Nvidia Web Driver. As far as I understand, the CUDA driver works only in conjunction with the Nvidia Web Driver. How did you manage to get hardware acceleration? Do you inject the native driver or use the Nvidia Web Driver to run the CUDA driver? As far as I know, there are no Web Drivers for Mojave yet. I tried to patch the Web Driver for High Sierra, but it does not help. You also patched the Web Driver from High Sierra or did it work for you on the native driver? I also want to say that I have unsupported hardware, so during the installation of Mojave I had to patch the system “macOS Mojave Patcher Tool for Unsupported Macs”. My config iMac 10.1. Thanks for the answer.

I hasten to inform you that I still managed to get hardware acceleration on the GeForce GT 740 2GB on the Mojave 10.14.5 system. My mistake was that during the installation process I patched my video card using “macOS Mojave Patcher Tool for Unsupported Macs”, since I have unsupported hardware. As it turned out, the video card out of the box is supported by the native Apple driver. Naturally, the CUDA driver will not work, as it requires the presence of the Nvidia Web Driver, which have not yet been released for this system (Mojave) and are unlikely to be released. All the good life.

Last edited:

i also installed the same driver for my 650 TI Boost 2 GB card, and after that this video started running smoothly... but later I realized it was just a hallucination and graphic glitches are still here.

do you also still have the glitches...???

i also installed the same driver for my 650 TI Boost 2 GB card, and after that this video started running smoothly... but later I realized it was just a hallucination and graphic glitches are still here.

do you also still have the glitches...???

Good day. In GTX 650 Ti and GTX 650 Ti Boost video cards you are unlikely to get hardware acceleration. They are based on the GK106 core in contrast to the GTX 650 series without the "Ti" suffix, which is based on the GK107 chip. The person from this LINK stream started the GTX 650 (version with 1GB). I think that with 2GB of memory it will also work successfully.

Good day. In GTX 650 Ti and GTX 650 Ti Boost video cards you are unlikely to get hardware acceleration. They are based on the GK106 core in contrast to the GTX 650 series without the "Ti" suffix, which is based on the GK107 chip. The person from this LINK stream started the GTX 650 (version with 1GB). I think that with 2GB of memory it will also work successfully.

I hope soon we'll get good news from someone.... fingers crossed...!!... otherwise I'll look for some cheap alternative.

By the way I have found a temporary fix for the issue, it will disable the pixelated graphics for sometime... we don't need to restart the machine.

we just have to open SYSTEM PREFERENCES > DISPLAY > DISPLAY > SCALED > SWITCH TO SOME OTHER SUPPORTED RESOLUTION > BACK TO OLD RESOLUTION

If others have managed any workaround, then please share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back