Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear mizo007,

could you please post if you upgraded your Custom Mac to Mojave and how was the performance of your GTX660 in High Sierra?
Did you have any glitches since your last post?
Thank you.

Kind Regards
Vojta

it was working with HS perfectly, but in Mojave it doesn't work anymore, if you want to use this GPU stick with sierra or HS, otherwise replace it with any AMD RX version to avoid any glitches,

Hope it helps.

it was working with HS perfectly, but in Mojave it doesn't work anymore, if you want to use this GPU stick with sierra or HS, otherwise replace it with any AMD RX version to avoid any glitches,

Hope it helps.

Really? The 660 works for you in HS? No funky artifacting?

Hello everyone, today I reduced the artifacts to as little as possible in Mac OS Mojave (so about in 4 hours artifacts did not appear at all). I just activated my Intel HD 4400 to support Intel Quick Sync Video and Hardware acceleration. I tested in graphics application "Heaven" and "Valley", artifacts did not appear. I will continue to test to see if the artifacts appear or not, if artifacts not appear about in 2-3 days, I'll write here my solution to reduce artifacts. If you have any method to test for ”artifacts”, please, write here and I will test to see if artifacts appear or not. (A little remark, for default I use GTX660, not Intel HD 4400. Intel HD 4400 is for hardware acceleration and Intel Quick Sync Video.)

Interesting! How do you activate Intel HD 4400 with a discrete GPU?

Here I cant boot with 2 GPUs... if I unplugged the GTX fros PCIE its OK with HD4000... with GTX plugged dont boot (in the medle of boot it reboots)... even with HDMI on onboard or on GTX

Hello everyone, today I reduced the artifacts to as little as possible in Mac OS Mojave (so about in 4 hours artifacts did not appear at all). I just activated my Intel HD 4400 to support Intel Quick Sync Video and Hardware acceleration. I tested in graphics application "Heaven" and "Valley", artifacts did not appear. I will continue to test to see if the artifacts appear or not, if artifacts not appear about in 2-3 days, I'll write here my solution to reduce artifacts. If you have any method to test for ”artifacts”, please, write here and I will test to see if artifacts appear or not. (A little remark, for default I use GTX660, not Intel HD 4400. Intel HD 4400 is for hardware acceleration and Intel Quick Sync Video.)

Try playing a movie in VLC/Quicktime
Or opening Photos.app and messing around there.

Glitches for me come up instantly with those activities. Ironically, heaven/valley benchmarks often complete with no hiccups. This was even with my iGPU activated as a connectorless id and working correctly for Quicksync, etc

Rapidly opening and closing launchpad and then opening up the chess app and moving a couple pieces around is my method of getting the artifacts going. It usually gets them going pretty quickly.

After 3 days I finally managed to run Mojave smoothly with my GTX660Ti. Same solution as @sevcros has mentioned, by activating Intel HD. Chess app is working fine and "Heaven" benchmark is running ok with 50fps, without any artifacts(earlier I just got black screen with some rainbow squares on it).

@saudor , @rgwoehr
Tested, no artifacts. Artifacts are presented in the Final Cut Pro application, but I do not use the Final Cut Pro, instead I use Adobe Premiere, so it is not a problem for me. System is running very well without any artifacts (exception Final Cut Pro).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back