Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some GPU benchmarks and none of them caused the glitches. Youtube in and out fullscreen isn't causing glitches unless I use safari. Maybe related to Metal 2 API?
I'm trying different benchmarks to see if I can cause it. Tried GFX Metal available in App Store, it takes a while to start glitches, see picture attached. I will reboot now and try only High-Level Tests, it seems High-Level Tests was able to trigger the GPU fan so I think I was able to use 100% of the CPU with the test.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 15.51.18.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 15.51.18.png
    338.8 KB · Views: 137
That's funny, I did the entire High-Level tests and nothing happens. It really takes high usage (GPU fan takes really in) and no glitches at all, the result is attached. I'll also attach my config.plist, it still needs some tweaks since I've got mine from a default unibeast and tweaked to my use (personal boot for linux, windows and mac). Also, here's the list of what I use it:

drivers64UEFI:
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
HFSPlus-64.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
apfs.efi

kexts:
AppleHDADisabler.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakeSMC.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
RtWlanU.kext
RtWlanU1827.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 16.35.56.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 16.35.56.png
    315.4 KB · Views: 135
Tested Shadow Warrior with graphics on ultra, not issues so far.

Offt: I can't update my posts because it's says that is spam ALL THE TIME. I've reported to admin already. My posts are always waiting moderation, even so the age of my account and stuff, it's getting difficult to make reports about my tests.

yeah my stuff keeps getting held for spam. sometimes it doesnt even get posted.
But that’s promising so far. Almost tempted to open up my case and throw in the 660 again.

Just chiming in as I'm currently seemingly in the same boat.

I had a GTX 650 TI Boost 2g card in it when I upgraded to HS from El Capitan. Everything was like butter except for this glitch/artifact problem.

I had no luck at all with the 650 TI card, but I did have an extra GTX 660 lying around from my last computer upgrade and popped that in, and I just installed the web drivers 387.10.10.10.40.105 and I'm still getting the glitching but it's actually workable now and they do go away for what seems like hours at a time.

Can you explain what the WhateverGreen is and what it does? I downloaded the CUDA driver, but I have yet to install it.

Just chiming in as I'm currently seemingly in the same boat.

I had a GTX 650 TI Boost 2g card in it when I upgraded to HS from El Capitan. Everything was like butter except for this glitch/artifact problem.

I had no luck at all with the 650 TI card, but I did have an extra GTX 660 lying around from my last computer upgrade and popped that in, and I just installed the web drivers 387.10.10.10.40.105 and I'm still getting the glitching but it's actually workable now and they do go away for what seems like hours at a time.

Can you explain what the WhateverGreen is and what it does? I downloaded the CUDA driver, but I have yet to install it.

I've tested a couple of times without luck and decided to give another roll and with my combination of upgrades and patches (I said some posts ago) now everything is working so far, glitches occurs but are quite rare.
Whatevergreen is a group of patches that fixes a lot of things, see the description in repo: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen

I've tested a couple of times without luck and decided to give another roll and with my combination of upgrades and patches (I said some posts ago) now everything is working so far, glitches occurs but are quite rare.
Whatevergreen is a group of patches that fixes a lot of things, see the description in repo: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen
That sounds promising. Are the glitches rare/mild enough that it can be used as a main OS?

That sounds promising. Are the glitches rare/mild enough that it can be used as a main OS?

The glitches are really rare to me, only occurs when I try to do something like changing a game from fullscreen to windowed, even so is quite rare in this scenario. Native applications like safari have more chances to have glitches, but since I don't use them too much, I don't care. I still have something more to test, like netflix, etc.

About using as the main OS, I'm really thinking about it! Right now I'm trying to fix some issues like USB3 and other minor things that doesn't work yet. I'll probably give some more days to see if everything works as expected.

The glitches are really rare to me, only occurs when I try to do something like changing a game from fullscreen to windowed, even so is quite rare in this scenario. Native applications like safari have more chances to have glitches, but since I don't use them too much, I don't care. I still have something more to test, like netflix, etc.

About using as the main OS, I'm really thinking about it! Right now I'm trying to fix some issues like USB3 and other minor things that doesn't work yet. I'll probably give some more days to see if everything works as expected.
maybe ill give it a shot. it does need web drivers or else it glitches even with the new WEG right?

maybe ill give it a shot. it does need web drivers or else it glitches even with the new WEG right?

I'm using the webdrivers. I know my GTX doesn't need it because there's native support, but I think the webdrivers are more updated than native ones so I didn't played around with native ones.

I just wasn't sure if the NVIDA fix on WhateverGreen would actually affect anything since absolutely everything else was working.

I'm kind of debating whether or not to just pick up a GT 210 or 710 as it seems like a good number of people are just running those out of the box and for like $35 it may just be a solid option until I can afford a more powerful 1050 or 1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back