Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a Mac Pro and sent multiple tickets and got no response. Apple has no interest in fixing the issue with the 660 or any other card affected.

That's probably the case. Even the Macbook pros 2012 and 2013 with nvidia don't apparently perform as well in high sierra.

Just a little input: I updated to HS on my primary machine two weeks ago and have been suffering through similar issues. Today I updated to CUDA driver version 396.148 and the issues seem to have gone away.

Just a little input: I updated to HS on my primary machine two weeks ago and have been suffering through similar issues. Today I updated to CUDA driver version 396.148 and the issues seem to have gone away.
Can you please keep here updated in a few days?

Guys I Think finally fix it!

Last night I was thinking why glitch... why graphical issue when using some accelerated graphic... so the obvious... some of the clock steps are gone wrong... and then I decided to open with Kepler Bios Tweaker my BIOS and compare with other VGA we know work (in this case GTX670)... and Im look all the stuff and in the Voltage Tab I see some different

in VGA thats uses GK106 chipset... the Voltage table are set to be a range of voltages in P states... for example mine... it set to be 0.821 to 0.978 v... BUT in the GTX670 this settings are set IQUAL... in this case 0.978 - 0.978

Then I downloaded a GTX650Ti to look too... and my surprise... it have the same range voltage!

So what I did... rise this voltages to equal higher... save a new ROM of this BIOS... flashed with NVFlash.exe (you know what OS use this extension)... rebooted... and now I'm using the High Sierra an about 45min WITHOUT ANY GLITCH!

I will keep testing... and report later... but I'm testing the most common problems... Open and Close photos like a crazy... run a video on YouTube and changing sizes and full screen.. and NOTHING! :headbang:

=======================

EDIT... OK.. Glitches are back... BUT I noticed it stuck on 836mhz for GPU e 1.600mhz for DDR... so again I open the Kepler Bios Tweaker... and the P5 State of Clock I changed this values to the highest... and I miss 2 voltages on the Voltage Tab... so put all voltages the same and flashed again... so I'm testing... again

=======================

EDIT again... Sorry guys... glitch everywhere :thumbdown... sorry for the false rope :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I Think finally fix it!

Last night I was thinking why glitch... why graphical issue when using some accelerated graphic... so the obvious... some of the clock steps are gone wrong... and then I decided to open with Kepler Bios Tweaker my BIOS and compare with other VGA we know work (in this case GTX670)... and Im look all the stuff and in the Voltage Tab I see some different

Yeah someone did that voltage thing. it seemed to work for a while but then glitches came back. I think the glitches are random. Sometimes it doesnt show up for a few hours, other times it's within minutes. Something is different with how HS handles graphics. I even disabled metal on mine and while the glitches took longer to appear, it still appeared. It's likely VRAM related as when i was monitoring, it just keeps creeping up.

Yeah someone did that voltage thing. it seemed to work for a while but then glitches came back. I think the glitches are random. Sometimes it doesnt show up for a few hours, other times it's within minutes. Something is different with how HS handles graphics. I even disabled metal on mine and while the glitches took longer to appear, it still appeared. It's likely VRAM related as when i was monitoring, it just keeps creeping up.

It is VRAM related, since henn2nk posted a script to rotate the screen and was reported that keeps the glitches away for a while. There's something specific for the driver, the portion related to the cards that have this have some kind of issues with the windowserver, but since not all cards have the same issue with windowserver, I'm almost sure that the problem is the portion of the driver that handle those cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back