Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys.. for a temporary solution i created a simple applescript, which just rotates the screen for a second and back to clean the graphic ram and the glitches are away for some time. Not a real solution, but hej..

Does this work all the time? I mean I was using editing some display settings in Preferences but sometimes it wasn't enough to clear glitches.

Please be careful about posting about the Mojave Betas. I had my post mentioning it removed and got a warning, telling me to read the rules.

• This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as OS X Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only.

Please be careful about posting about the Mojave Betas. I had my post mentioning it removed and got a warning, telling me to read the rules.

Same thing happened to me, but the public beta is out so it’s safe to talk about it now. No changes here with Mojave, the glitches usually take no more than 10 minutes to appear on mine and make it pretty much unusable. I’m hoping it’ll get fixed before the final release but I’m not very optimistic at this point.

Same thing happened to me, but the public beta is out so it’s safe to talk about it now. No changes here with Mojave, the glitches usually take no more than 10 minutes to appear on mine and make it pretty much unusable. I’m hoping it’ll get fixed before the final release but I’m not very optimistic at this point.

It will never get fixed unless someone with a mac pro with this card opens a ticket. It's been ongoing since HS betas and was never fixed there.

While the RX series work good now, who knows, they might start artifacting in 10.17 or something. Apple seems to struggle in the graphics department a lot (iphone4/ipad3/6+ underpowered GPUs, 15 inch macbook dGPU issues, etc)

It will never get fixed unless someone with a mac pro with this card opens a ticket. It's been ongoing since HS betas and was never fixed there.

While the RX series work good now, who knows, they might start artifacting in 10.17 or something. Apple seems to struggle in the graphics department a lot (iphone4/ipad3/6+ underpowered GPUs, 15 inch macbook dGPU issues, etc)

I do have a Mac Pro and sent multiple tickets and got no response. Apple has no interest in fixing the issue with the 660 or any other card affected.

Did you tried open a ticket with nvidia?

I did not. I'm not using the NVIDIA web driver and don't want to either. On a Mac Pro and Sierra, the 660 was plug and play and I never had any issues. When I tried it with High Sierra, it was a mess.

Btw, I don't think NVIDIA will or CAN fix this problem. They would have by now if they could.

I did not. I'm not using the NVIDIA web driver and don't want to either. On a Mac Pro and Sierra, the 660 was plug and play and I never had any issues. When I tried it with High Sierra, it was a mess.

Perhaps nvidia could pay more attention about this issue and, at least, fix it (if someone with a real mac was able to report it).

Perhaps nvidia could pay more attention about this issue and, at least, fix it (if someone with a real mac was able to report it).

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a real Mac who's been plagued with the graphics bug and others probably reported it to NVIDIA. That being said, do you have a link to where I could report it? Might as well give it a "last" go before purchasing another card. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back