Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just successfully upgraded from 10.12.6 to 10.13.4, have similar problem.

But for my GPU (Gtx650 ti broost 2 gb). The problem seem to be occur only when i enable GPU acceleration in Photoshop. Already test with and without nvidia web driver.

If i turn it off no artifact at all. But it quite lag when working in photoshop without gpu. Plan to upgrade to rx580 anyway.
if it works.........

I already got Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB from my local store at discounted price. So far so good...

It's working OOB just swap card, no tweak, no kext. Geekbench 4 openCL bump-up from 34,347 to 145,284.

Been testing with Photoshop GPU accelerator. Just noticed now I can checked on Metal.

Very happy with it.

glitches back.... two card fail rather than one card.....
time for a dedicated 'all about graphic cards, gpu, etc' thread I think.....

Has anyone tried 10.13.5 ?

now i wonder if it works with 10.14. If it doesnt, we can safely assume 660 is a dead stick

Went from 10.12.6 to 10.13.5 this weekend. Finally got everything working (lots of pain installing and getting boot from efi working) and then the glitches started. Sigh. Was really hoping to get HS working (mainly to share my family’s iCloud storage account) but heading back to Sierra for now.

now i wonder if it works with 10.14. If it doesnt, we can safely assume 660 is a dead stick

RIP GTX 660 TI - I caved and replaced with Sapphire RX 580 8 GB Nitro+ ... turned on RadeonDeInit and it booted without a hitch. I couldn't get the 660 Ti to boot at all. 10.13.5 is working great now across 4 displays. Maybe i'll find a home for the 660 in a kids windows gamine machine - what a shame.

Hello guys.. for a temporary solution i created a simple applescript, which just rotates the screen for a second and back to clean the graphic ram and the glitches are away for some time. Not a real solution, but hej..

lj479Vl.png

Code:
tell application "System Preferences"
    reveal anchor "displaysDisplayTab" of pane id "com.apple.preference.displays"
    delay 1
    tell application "System Events"
        tell pop up button "Rotation:" of tab group 1 of window 1 of application process "System Preferences"
            click
            click menu item "180°" of menu 1
            my clickRevertButton()
        end tell
    end tell
end tell

quit application "System Preferences"

on clickRevertButton()
    set wasClicked to false
    repeat until wasClicked
        delay 0.1
        tell application "System Events"
            try
                click button "Revert" of sheet 1 of window 1 of application process "System Preferences"
                set wasClicked to true
            end try
        end tell
    end repeat
end clickRevertButton

Keep in mind, this could be a security issue.

Was able to get Mojave B2 installed and booted (it went to a black screen so had to use a iMac 14,1 smbios until nvidiagraphicsfixup is updated). Glitches are still there :(

It's still better than high Sierra as the artifacts seems to go away when you switch to a different app and back (but not always)

The graphics performance overall is quite stuttery (but there is acceleration as the menus are transparent and launchpad is fairly smooth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back