Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
card recognised, up and running yet can't see a way to connect my main monitor which is dual dvi only... DAMN...
so much information to take in when adapting an old rig with an older head.......

anyone got any thoughts on connecting my dual link dvi monitor to this card....... a quick browse found a startec active adapter for more then the ******* card cost hahahahahahahahaha

I may just lay down for a while
ha

update.....

the system is actually seeing my dual div hazro and in fact it decided to say hello during boot, yet ive got black screen on the hazro connected to the dvi and an ancient benq working from the hdmi port.... system prefs sees both monitors yet hazro black..... single hazro screen boot goes all the way to clover then illuminated yet black screen.....
helps........

Last edited:
Since I encountered the same issues when I first updated to High Sierra a couple months ago and finally solved them by enabling the iGPU (HD4000) as some of you seem to have also tried, I decided to share my experience.

BIOS settings I had to change:
  • Internal Graphics: Enabled
  • Init Display First: IGFX (* see below)
  • Internal Graphics Memory Size: 64M
  • DVMT Total Memory Size: MAX

In Clover's config.plist I checked "Inject Intel" and did not specify an ig-platform-id. "Inject Nvidia" is unchecked and I am not using the web drivers. Obviously with my hardware my SMBIOS is iMac13,2.

* I tried to make the iGPU connectorless (ig-platform-id 0x01620007 for HD4000) so I could set Init Display First to PEG and see the boot screen on the display connected to my GTX 650 Ti, but this resulted in graphics glitches again.

I have IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Shiki.kext in my 10.13 folder (among others).

For a couple of days now since I've settled on this configuration everything has been perfect. No glitches whatsoever even with my Kepler card.

Hope this helps.

Since I encountered the same issues when I first updated to High Sierra a couple months ago and finally solved them by enabling the iGPU (HD4000) as some of you seem to have also tried, I decided to share my experience.

BIOS settings I had to change:
  • Internal Graphics: Enabled
  • Init Display First: IGFX (* see below)
  • Internal Graphics Memory Size: 64M
  • DVMT Total Memory Size: MAX

In Clover's config.plist I checked "Inject Intel" and did not specify an ig-platform-id. "Inject Nvidia" is unchecked and I am not using the web drivers. Obviously with my hardware my SMBIOS is iMac13,2.

* I tried to make the iGPU connectorless (ig-platform-id 0x01620007 for HD4000) so I could set Init Display First to PEG and see the boot screen on the display connected to my GTX 650 Ti, but this resulted in graphics glitches again.

I have IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Shiki.kext in my 10.13 folder (among others).

For a couple of days now since I've settled on this configuration everything has been perfect. No glitches whatsoever even with my Kepler card.

Hope this helps.

Are you certain there isn't anything else you did? :/ I have a very similar setup and after seeing your post I updated to 10.13.4 from Sierra last night. And just before minutes ago I started to see glitches again.

EDIT: Do you mind sharing your clover config?

Last edited:
Tried with the iGPU on. No good. Also tried it with metal disabled (Although the heaven benchmark could run without artifacting). It lasted abit longer but the glitches came. Opening the photos app in my case will trigger it fairly quickly.

EDIT: swapped the 660 out for an old 5770 that was lying around. Works perfect. Guess ill be using the 5770 as HS seems fairly stable so far.

Last edited:
After doing some search, I enabled Inject EDID and did set dart=0 and ig-platform-id=0x0D220003 and glitches have mostly gone away but not entirely. I saw them 3-4 for times for past 2 days. At least some progress, right :)

But still I constantly check GPU prices :) I am not sure about the model to order. Would RX 460 or 560 work without any additional effort? Like can I plug in and move on?

After doing some search, I enabled Inject EDID and did set dart=0 and ig-platform-id=0x0D220003 and glitches have mostly gone away but not entirely. I saw them 3-4 for times for past 2 days. At least some progress, right :)

But still I constantly check GPU prices :) I am not sure about the model to order. Would RX 460 or 560 work without any additional effort? Like can I plug in and move on?

560 definitely works. Not sure about 460. Just sucks since 560 is a bit stronger than gtx660 but way more expensive than what i paid for the gtx660 when it was released.

Did the Solution with activating HD graphics and everything is perfect now. Thanks

Just successfully upgraded from 10.12.6 to 10.13.4, have similar problem.

But for my GPU (Gtx650 ti broost 2 gb). The problem seem to be occur only when i enable GPU acceleration in Photoshop. Already test with and without nvidia web driver.

If i turn it off no artifact at all. But it quite lag when working in photoshop without gpu. Plan to upgrade to rx580 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back