Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
luckily i don’t believe in miracles.
rendered my film which i have not been able to do since this issue started then. glitch glitch.

nice try

I have same issue

Last edited:
wow
im now exporting an utterly glitch free 90 minute project from fop that was glitch city before......
I believe the problem is the OpenCL. 660 don't be handle with it. :(
Adobe works well here (cuda)

I tried this method and perhaps things improved, yet not fixed and glitches return

With 10.13.4 and GTX 660, I also experience glitches, it usually starts just a few minutes after boot.
When the last glitch occurred I set my displays to mirror mode and switched it directly back to dual mode.
Strangely the glitch immediately went away and for the last 60 minutes, it did not occur anymore.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Update:
It happened again, it seems that this procedure empties the graphics card's RAM, at least I don't have to reboot every time this happens.

Last edited:
Hello,
In my case glithes go away if I switch screen resolution to another one (or rotate screen), whatever resets the display.

...but in some time they come back again.

Mike

It seems that enabling the internal graphics in BIOS solves the issue. I have my second monitor hooked up to the internal cart and have not had any glitches anymore on my main monitor hooked up to the 660!

It seems that enabling the internal graphics in BIOS solves the issue. I have my second monitor hooked up to the internal cart and have not had any glitches anymore on my main monitor hooked up to the 660!

Unfortunately, this did not help in my case. For the time being, I just use my internal graphics for all monitors.

im finding my system to be really stable at the moment, with the glitches rarely appearing, and the machine actually shutting down cleanly 9 times out of ten.... (x58 issues)..
one weird thing I have tho is,
if I need to restart to clear the screen of glitch, I always have to remove and then replace my USB bluetooth dongle to make contact with pad and keyboard.... never at first start, only on restart....... ANYONE, have a clue what this could be (nothing to do with graphics card and off this thread)......

beep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back