Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you first said "Igpu connected to first screen gtx660 to second", so I based my assumptions on that. Didn't mean to discredit your work.

Still wondering why this isn't working for anyone except you. Maybe it's the combination of your specific motherboard and iGPU that does the trick. Are you still using the underclocked bios?

Regarding the AU causing glitches, that would make sense. Mine don't seem to trigger it.

I have 2 GTX 660Ti in my machine. I have all the graphical glitches and pixel vomit. I have noticed that enabling IGPU seems to help a tiny bit. Scrolling and zooming can sometimes clear the crud off the screen. Still waiting for some sort of solution to this problem though... Do we know if genuine Macs (like the iMac) that have 660 chips have issues? Otherwise I'm thinking of grabbing a new GPU for my machine and something comparable to the two 660Tis in SLI for my windows side in gaming but the damn cryptocurrency miners have made all the prices INSANE! Trying to get a 970 or even 780/Ti is at $200 or more... while the 1070s are almost to $300 well above MSRP... Terrible time to need a new GPU.

Add me to the list of people affected by the GTX 660 issues on High Sierra. I have been running Sierra for a long time without issue. I was able to enable the iGPU and have it show in the System Report - and that does help some - but I still get artifacts and once they show up - the machine is not usable. Not sure where to go now to fix this. Bummer.

It seems the issue with the 660 card will never be fixed. Would have happened by now. Can anyone recommend a card, I'm not a gamer, around $100 that will fix this problem on an early 2009 Mac Pro (although upgraded to 2010 5,1 and 8 core to 12)? Thanks.

Last edited:
I did try a online chat with Nvidia...... not supported not supported nonsense, and please wait for the update... goodbye...... hahahaha. sigh

Nvidia doesn't give a crap to his customers. If you say linux/windows/mac, they'll say "yeah next update", if you say hackintosh, they'll say "not supported". For me this is called "dodge", that's the level of quality of nvidia support: dodging customer's issues caused by themselves.

hmmmmmmm. im not so sure it's so malign.
For a start it's going to be an issue shared between apple updates and the specific tech of this card, and combine that with the very very small user base for this card with either hackintosh machines or apple and I can see how they do not have an emergency team working thru the night to fix it... and as for the front line customer support team..... they are mostly working zero hour contracts and off a tick sheet of answers..... they couldn't possibly have any genuine insight into our problem.....

im hoping this will be addressed in either a driver or cuda update, yet if so it will be a bonus and not an expectation...... we are all beyond the bleeding edge in this community, supported by ourselves and not by 'them'.
in other words, fingers crossed...
ba43e1d22dcbdd71e32f5ed83f221e9a--prayer-pictures-girl-pictures.jpg

hmmmmmmm. im not so sure it's so malign.
For a start it's going to be an issue shared between apple updates and the specific tech of this card, and combine that with the very very small user base for this card with either hackintosh machines or apple and I can see how they do not have an emergency team working thru the night to fix it... and as for the front line customer support team..... they are mostly working zero hour contracts and off a tick sheet of answers..... they couldn't possibly have any genuine insight into our problem.....

im hoping this will be addressed in either a driver or cuda update, yet if so it will be a bonus and not an expectation...... we are all beyond the bleeding edge in this community, supported by ourselves and not by 'them'.
in other words, fingers crossed...
ba43e1d22dcbdd71e32f5ed83f221e9a--prayer-pictures-girl-pictures.jpg

Yeah but since people with real macs with same cards is having the same issue, I don't think it´s something specific to hackintoshes anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back