Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to do so, I needed to use a connectorless ig-platform-Id. In addition to this before setting the platform Id, I needed to boot into OS X via IGFX first, and install Nvidia web drivers.
Whicl ig-platform-id did you use for drm and airplay compatibility ?

"Init Display First" in BIOS to "IGX" and "Enable Internal Graphics" works for me. No needs for "Intel" clover injection at all.
I am using 3 monitors (2 DVI plus 1 HDMI) and no glitches so far.

If i restore BIOS to F14 (last version not considered as Beta) AND I set the "Init Display First" param in BIOS to "IGX" and "Enable Internal Graphics", my bios boot to the screen connected to IGFX, as clover, and MacOS --> BINGO

I tried to do exactly the same.
Before downgraded, indeed CLOVER doesn't like the dual card support, and I get a black screen with the flashing cursor.

I hoped after the post of aghez, that downgrading BIOS will overcome this problem. Unfortunately no. I downgraded, and still see the black screen with the flashing cursor instead, thus I'm not able to even boot in OSX.

Of course if I change back the cards to the original settings, I could boot with the known problems

this issue happened to me from time to time and it's really annoying, so i'm thinking until this problem is solved to reinstall sierra 10.12.6 over 10.13 without formatting using USB flash drive to keep my apps and setting and stick with 10.12.6 for now.
My ssd's have all become apfs now, so heading back is a tedious route...

Meanwhile the glitch continues, and at odd moments, most strangely it now seems to launch every time with Final Cut Pro..
and at these time as FCP is unusable in this state, when left rendering in the background I am still able to view a film in vlc without any glitches. Therefore wondering if its cuda related? so updated to latest versions but same issues remain.........

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-02-13 02.30.29.png
    Screenshot 2018-02-13 02.30.29.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 244
Last edited:
My ssd's have all become apfs now, so heading back is a tedious route...

Meanwhile the glitch continues, and at odd moments, most strangely it now seems to launch every time with Final Cut Pro..
and at these time as FCP is unusable in this state, when left rendering in the background I am still able to view a film in vlc without any glitches. Therefore wondering if its cuda related? so updated to latest versions but same issues remain.........

if you have a cloned Sierra 10.12.6 on external drive, you could reformat your SSD with HFS+ and restore Sierra on it, otherwise you have to do a clean install of Sierra if you want to get ride of this issue.

THINGS JUST GOT STRANGER.
FCP just rendered a movie of glitch....... so this issue is not just a display issue.
HOW ON EARTH would this 'Issue' translate itself into actual creating a movie full of glitches?
Layers ??
Stick with Sierra or change your graphic card as stated billion of times in this thread. GTX 660 is dead for High Sierra.

Sure, am well aware of the billions of times reverting to Sierra or changing the card has been suggested.
im more curious as to why a specific card should be hit with an issue like this, and just what that issue is.

Understanding and being in control the tech we use is a v solid reason why I use the hackintosh platform and don't just form a queue at the apple store.
If every time an issue cropped up we just reached for ebay and bought another component or gave up and went back to 10.6.8 (lots of people in the hack community stuck there for years for some reason) there would never be a thriving hackintosh platform surely?

layers? what layers?

Sure, am well aware of the billions of times reverting to Sierra or changing the card has been suggested.
im more curious as to why a specific card should be hit with an issue like this, and just what that issue is.

Understanding and being in control the tech we use is a v solid reason why I use the hackintosh platform and don't just form a queue at the apple store.
If every time an issue cropped up we just reached for ebay and bought another component or gave up and went back to 10.6.8 (lots of people in the hack community stuck there for years for some reason) there would never be a thriving hackintosh platform surely?

layers? what layers?

We are all curious about "why a specific card should be hit with an issue like this" :)
I had a GTX 660 and replaced by a GTX 770. Many users here including me tried to revert back main files for graphic management form HS to Sierra. None worked (at the moment). Some Kepler cards are affected, other are not. So it has to be something related to how some cards control some instructions related to MacOS drivers. If it is in the MacOS source code, there is nothing we can do.

Glitches come in general from transparency effects, picture editing or video editing and launch control, youtube... where layers can be found, just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back