Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinks Mizo
I don't have any onboard graphics, so I doubt this is an option, or is it?

thinks Mizo
I don't have any onboard graphics, so I doubt this is an option, or is it?

I tried to disable my onboard graphic and enable GTX 660 only, but unfortunatly the glitches come back immediately, so on your case sorry I don't know, I suggest to back to 10.12.6 and it will work just fine, and wait apple it may fix it in the upcoming updates

I tried to disable my onboard graphic and enable GTX 660 only, but unfortunatly the glitches come back immediately, so on your case sorry I don't know, I suggest to back to 10.12.6 and it will work just fine, and wait apple it may fix it in the upcoming updates

I guess... to iv'e not gone backwards for some time.. may have to tho....
ta very

Try my method in #275 it may help you, as I was having the same glitches as you, but now no glitches so far.
I would like to confirm that the graphics glitches I was encountering after upgrading to High Sierra went away after enabling the onboard Intel graphics. Thanks for the info!

in Bios I set PCI to be main (GTX 660), while the IGPU is just enabled but I don't use it,

Also, forgot to mention that I added (Intelgraphicfix, Nvidiagraphic fix and Lilu) Kext in EFI folder.

did you inject a connectorless id for the inject intel?

Hello

When i enable my on-board graphic, my computer reboot during the start up so impossible for me to activate on-board video

Looking on Wikipedia, I see that there are some iMac model 13,2 that have 660M video card inside

I didn't test with changing conf to iMac 13,2 instead of 13,1 that I use from a long time

i found this thread yesterday - i was using yosemite for the last 3 years without any problems - i decided to update to high sierra and run into the same glitch problems with my GTX 660 ti - see my screenshot...

lucky, i have a 2nd computer with a GTX 760 here and tried that - and i can tell you - this works without any problem
( tested for 20 min. now - i will come back and edit my post, if something changes.. )

the GTX 760 is a Kepler-Card, too ....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 183
I've been reading portions of this thread. I noticed some people had thought about switching from the 660 to the 650ti.

I have a nvidia 650ti and when running Final Cut Pro 10.4 on 10.13.3 and noticed some sever glitches like described in this post.

Has anyone tried graphic intense apps with a 650ti?

I've been reading portions of this thread. I noticed some people had thought about switching from the 660 to the 650ti.

I have a nvidia 650ti and when running Final Cut Pro 10.4 on 10.13.3 and noticed some sever glitches like described in this post.

Has anyone tried graphic intense apps with a 650ti?

In my system I still have many glitches using Final Cut pro 10.4. (or playing videos in youtube - full screen mode). The mp4 exports take the same glitches when playing.
High Sierra 10.13.3 - GTX 660 2gb - i7 4790K Asus Z97i Plus + Monitor Apple Cinema Display 30" (2560x1600)
If I change the resolution to 2048x1280 or 1600x1000 the glitches gone away (no glitches) - In my system I only have glitches when the resolution is 2560x1600.
Also enable intel HD4600 and GTX660 in PCI first BIOS + enable in clover config.list = still have the same glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back