Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmmmmm.... thats such a task..... I wonder what 'exactly' in 10.13 is causing these issues?

Hi guys,

I had exactly the same problem with glitches (that have been also exporting to video files rendered in fcpx) on both GTX 680 and GTX 1060 cards. Tried going from default os x video drive to web driver, no changes. The correct solution was to remove InjectIntel=True from clover config and to set in BIOS to initialize first PCIE card and disabled intel graphics. Boom! Since that moment all problems were gone. Also rendering times in FCPX improved enormously. When glitches were present, it took more than 8 hours to render a 4 minute 4K video with a lot of color grading, and right now I'm seeing that it took only 7 minutes to have 25% of the job done. So to summarize, to get rid of the glitches you need or to completely disable built-in graphics, or to (my guess) inject it correctly.

PS: OS X version is High Sierra 10.13.2.

Hi guys,

I had exactly the same problem with glitches (that have been also exporting to video files rendered in fcpx) on both GTX 680 and GTX 1060 cards. Tried going from default os x video drive to web driver, no changes. The correct solution was to remove InjectIntel=True from clover config and to set in BIOS to initialize first PCIE card and disabled intel graphics. Boom! Since that moment all problems were gone. Also rendering times in FCPX improved enormously. When glitches were present, it took more than 8 hours to render a 4 minute 4K video with a lot of color grading, and right now I'm seeing that it took only 7 minutes to have 25% of the job done. So to summarize, to get rid of the glitches you need or to completely disable built-in graphics, or to (my guess) inject it correctly.

hmm.. does it still stick even if you play....say a youtube video in full screen? Opening VLC and playing a movie triggers it for me. Tempted to install high sierra again to test

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have do exacly what you did and for me nothing changes... still have glitches/artifacs ... this method don´t fixes the problem. (for me in my system)

It seems a WebGL issue. For me, it appears when I try google maps in Chome.

After a lot of trial and error, I managed to do something right:

1. I used the Nvidia DVI port and the problems persisted.
2. Edit clover.config and remove Intel Inject.
3. Restart - BIOS
- Enable Intel Graphic Chip (64 MB)
- Init first: IGFX
4. Save
5. Move the monitor cable to the motherboard DVI port.

It will work.
The system reporter app is reporting both graphics chips.

No more artifacts...

so you are basically using Integrated Graphics

I really don't know if there is a switch mechanism, but for the moment the geforce is unusable for me :(
How can I test?

Well, from my understanding, some motherboards can do pass-through from the gpu through the iGPU; I know mine does, but I don't use that feature as running a hackintosh is a pain in the ass as it is.

I have serious doubts that macOS would even support this feature (I'm 95% confident it does not), and I'm too lazy to test it out on my rig.
I have enough troubles getting High Sierra to play nice as it is. (Which is why I'm on this thread)

I gave up too, switched to a GTX 770 for 50€ and all seems to work fine now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back