Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignore everything that was said above by @cumick2 and others. The new nvidia cards work fine. Clover changed how you enable the web drivers over a year ago.

You are correct... all you have to do is add the 'InjectKexts' in your config.plist.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/
you are confused , you dont need nvidia webdriver to gtx 650/660, because this card are supported by apple with its own drivers integrated in system

you are confused , you dont need nvidia webdriver to gtx 650/660, because this card are supported by apple with its own drivers integrated in system

I was responding to another user asking about NEW nvidia cards (specifically the GTX1050). Somebody gave bad advice on how to use the web driver which IS required for those cards.

Did you have to change any settings in BIOS or boot in order the get the onboard graphics to work?

I tried using the onboard graphics from the HD4000 the other day (I didn't physically disconnect the GeForce 660 card though), but I couldn't get any video signal over DVI. But I didn't change any settings.

Hello,

I didn't change anything in the settings, but I disconnected the GTX 600. Meanwhile I reconnected the GTX 660 and the artifacts come not to often. If it will happen I restart.

hi guys, I have a gigabyte gtx 660ti and I'm getting major issues where after about 10 mins or so of using high Sierra 10.13.2, the screen fragments in places and continues fragment in different places. Sometimes the screen is still visible with these annoyances, but most times it just gets frustrating when working as you can't see stuff on the screen. I started with the stock apple Nvidia drivers but then tried the latest update from nvidias website and still the same thing, inject, disable, generic all options I've tried and nothing. Ive not the glitch mainly starts when searching something using safari or when using a cpu intensive app like photoshop or Logic Pro x, please somebody help, would be much appreciated. :)

Unfortunately, real Macs with this video chip or similar chips are having the same issue. We're either waiting for Apple to fix with an update or purchasing new cards. I'm waiting one more update. If that doesn't fix it, I'll purchase a new card.

On the verge of buying a GTX1050TI to solve this. What are the odds of this being fixed in the near future? :/

Any luck on 10.13.3?

Haven’t had a change to try 10.13.3. Might give it a go later this week and cross my fingers. My machine has laid dormant since I upgraded to HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back