Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 280
Glad to have found this thread dedicated mostly towards the 660. I've updated to 10.13.2 Developer Beta 3 and the problem remains. I hope Apple is looking into a fix...

For those of you who own the RX 560 (XFX-AMD Radeon or PowerColor Red Dragon), can you tell me if your Mac boots up with the Apple logo? Thx.

Glad to have found this thread dedicated mostly towards the 660. I've updated to 10.13.2 Developer Beta 3 and the problem remains. I hope Apple is looking into a fix...

For those of you who own the RX 560 (XFX-AMD Radeon or PowerColor Red Dragon), can you tell me if your Mac boots up with the Apple logo? Thx.
I have replaced GTX660 with RX580 (PowerColor Red Devil), and it boots up as swiftly and smoothly as usual. To make RX580 work, I have modified Clover like below:

1. Delete the CSM Video driver CsmVideoDxe-64.efi from the Clover / drivers64UEFI folder, and set Configuration / Graphics / PatchVBios to False.

2. Put the latest modified APFS.efi in the Clover / drivers64UEFI folder. This APFS.efi is patched binarily to avoid showing error massages, thus to avoid breaking the graphical boot process with abruptive text mode error massage screens.

3. Put latest Lilu and WhateverGreen in the Clover / kexts / 10.13 folder.

4. Patch the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext as Pike had suggested:
Code:
Kext: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find: <626f6172 642d6964>
Replace: <626f6172 642d6978>
(c)Pike R. Alpha

5. Inject power management policies in the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext with Clover.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, leonhong. Really appreciate it... So regardless of the Mac one would own, the RX580 or even the 560 will also work, correct? Also, assuming Apple fixes the graphics bug with the 660, will the modified info work as well?

Thanks for the info, leonhong. Really appreciate it... So regardless of the Mac one would own, the RX580 or even the 560 will also work, correct? Also, assuming Apple fixes the graphics bug with the 660, will the modified info work as well?

All you need to do to get the RX 560 or 580 running 10.12.6+ is add lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext to your normal setup. You don't need to delete anything or modify your config.plist.

You'll get full graphics from boot (including the apple logo). Apple uses latest AMD Radeon cards in the 2017 iMacs. Support for them has been included since 10.12.6. Whatevergreen.kext just makes sure the card uses the correct driver and displays the correct name.

Hi Brianm801, thanks for the info... when it comes to this sort of stuff, I'm a little green. Where does one get the lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext files and driver for the 560? I'm running a Mac Pro 2009 (firmware updated to 5,1) so I'm assuming this will work.

I upgraded my system (with 660) to macOS 10.13.1 yesterday, using nVidia's web driver, and Multibeast 10.1. And I experienced the same problem. I swap the 660 to 1060 today and the problem is gone (everything else identical).

gtx 650 ti boost issue with high sierra
how to fix please

Strange. My Asus 660TI 3GB runs absolutely smooth and really fast with Apple drivers and also with Web Drivers on 2 displays - no glitches, good acceleration and so on, perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back