Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
NvidiaWeb must be set active in clover (system parameters).
If you have 2 monitors, try to boot with just one, then connect the 2nd later.

Tried this aswell, but it did'nt work for me.

fixed the glitch by deactivating "Inject Intel" in clover under graphics.
i also deactivated integrated graphic card in bios. before it was set "auto".
no more glitches, checked on both monitors more than 2 hours during heavy video tests.

i just realized that ''Inject Intel'' in clover is checked, i don't know when it happened, even my intel card is disabled in bios, i unchecked ''Inject Intel'' in clover, and now the glitch has gone, tested it for almost 8 hours now, still needs further test to make sure that the issue has gone permanently.

i just realized that ''Inject Intel'' in clover is checked, i don't know when it happened, even my intel card is disabled in bios, i unchecked ''Inject Intel'' in clover, and now the glitch has gone, tested it for almost 8 hours now, still needs further test to make sure that the issue has gone permanently.

It doesn't seem to work here. Could you please share your config.plist in order to check the differences with my own? I think our configurations are pretty similar.

I didn't have this problem in 10.12.6 with apple drivers, but I have it in 10.13.0 both with apple and webdrivers.

I've just done the opposite and enabled the Intel graphics, checked "Inject Intel" and also added ig-platform-id=04120004 to enable AirPlay and so far it seems to have cured the graphics issue. Too early to be 100% sure but so far so good.

My solution is Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext injected by Clover. Applications that caused glitches now works ok.

Update: Glitches back, so this is not solution :\

Last edited:
I've just done the opposite and enabled the Intel graphics, checked "Inject Intel" and also added ig-platform-id=04120004 to enable AirPlay and so far it seems to have cured the graphics issue. Too early to be 100% sure but so far so good.

I've tested your solution with one difference: I've enabled the Intel graphics card and Inject Intel in config.plist, but not added the ig-platform-id, because I don't know if I should use the same value (could you explain us why this value or how to obtain it in our system?). For about two hours the system worked with no artefacts, but they are back again. Nevertheless, it works really much better than without your suggestion, at least more than two hours.

Could you confirm us if your system is working properly? Maybe adding the right ig-platform-id value is the key point to finally solve the problem?

It doesn't seem to work here. Could you please share your config.plist in order to check the differences with my own? I think our configurations are pretty similar.

Unfortunately, the glitch is back, so the solution doesn't work, it seems i will go back 10.12.6 until it's fixed in 10.13.1.

Unfortunately, the glitch is back, so the solution doesn't work, it seems i will go back 10.12.6 until it's fixed in 10.13.1.

If it is your main build, I agree with you. Mine is a test system, so I stick with 10.13 at the moment. If nothing changes in 10.13.1 or 10.13.2 I will reinstall my Sierra clone, not a big deal. I will report back here for each update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back